• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Driving after wrap

LuCo

For anyone that has had the wrap, how long after did you feel ok to drive?

I will be having the op on Tuesday and flying home Friday night and am hoping to leave my car at the airport and drive the 2.5 hour journey home. I know it's probably not ideal but any other way of getting home is a right faff on!

I don't mind driving in a bit of pain/discomfort, just aslong as I'm physically able to drive.

I've had a bypass, but if I'm honest I wouldn't risk it. Not only are you still recovering internally from the procedure, you'll still be recovering from the effects of the anaesthetic.

Sorry I can't help, but glad you asked because I am wondering the same. One thing that does occur, will you be able to get you luggage into/out of the car without doing yourself a mischief?

I have a band and it took me more than a week to feel ok enough to drive. I would not risk it. Plus please remember to check with your car insurance, they usually do not cover for 5 days or so after general anesthetic. Good luck and I hope you can find someone who could drive you or sort some other alternative transport. x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

And you really shouldn't be lifting any luggage whatsoever! I was told not even to pull one.

I wouldn't risk it from an insurance perspective, but that's your choice. From a wrappers perspective I was 10 days post op before I felt ok to drive and that if I needed to make an emergency stop I could safely and without fear of injuring myself. You will be pretty sore and very conscious of your stitches for a couple of weeks. Hope that helps x

Back