• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Drs tomorrow...

So for anyone who didnt see my thread about my TOM and eating etc here is a wee update...

I had the contraceptive implant a few months ago and since then i have bled pretty much on and off. (a day here, a few days there, a week, three weeks etc etc)

I also have huge food cravings during this time.

So i have an app at the docs tomorrow (i have already been given the pill to take also, to try and stop the bleeds, but no luck)... However... I had a sit down and really thought about how things have gotten the past few months, and how each time I have seen the Dr i have complained I constantly feel under par... well i decided to write a list of everything that ailes me.. and I was a bit shocked...

• fatigue
  • dizziness (daily)
  • headaches (most days)
  • Difficulty sleeping (i have had three lots of sleeping tablets)
  • Very pale ( i have always been pale, but over the last few months it has got so much worse)
  • lining of my mouth and eyes is very pale
  • difficulty concentraiting
  • abnormal menstration
  • shaking and trembling (most days)
  • constantly very cold and having issues with circulation (i often cant feel my feet, even when warm)
  • irratability (very sudden and short lived)
  • slurred speach
  • excessive hunger
  • anxiety (which I am being treated for)
  • dark circles under my and around my eyes (im on 25!!!)
  • ulcers in my mouth

When i looked back, i have had most of these symptoms for about 6 months...

I was wondering if anyone else suffers this?!
Its such a huge list, and it all adds up to me feeing, well, bloody awful, and the symptoms are so vague, they cover all sorts, hormones? B12? Anemia? Hypoglycemia? Vitamin def?

I know some of these things are to be expected, but I really feel like I need some help... can i just ask the Dr for blood tests? Or am I being stupid and just need a kick up the arse?!

Help please!!!

I don't know how to explain to the Dr that I need some help with all this, that I cant keep going day to day with all of this :(

:confused:

Thanks for reading

.x.

Hi Bee,

Sorry to hear you have been suffering so badly. In my non medical opinion, it sounds like you could possibly be anaemic which could have been brought on by your pretty constant periods over the last few months. Anaemia could bring on many of the symptoms you have described.

I would take your list of symptoms to the doctors and ask for blood tests to look for anaemia, as well as the deficiencies that we are at risk of as bypassers, b12 etc.

Are you taking your multivits regularly. Are you taking any other supplements?

I take my vits, and calcium... i have in the past taken iron - but found this made me feel no better, and it was just another tablet to take.

I had to stop the forcival, as it made me sick so now i take multibionta, as my dr couldnt give me anything else?

I also take my folic adic... and i have a very good diet, lots of salad, and plenty of protien.

Thanks so much for answering sam... I really hope the Dr can help... im so pale now that when i have a picture taken with the flash on, i glow hahahahahaha

.x.

let us know how you get on hun x

I went through simlar things and after going back again and again i had lots of blood test done and they found i made iron but could not store it, so when i had heavy periods i had no back up which led to all other things suffering so iv been on b12 injections for 2 years and every so often have a boost of iron to keep me topped up , i now post bypass has iron 3 times a day. I think once they do you some blood tests something may show up and they can sort it for you. Do you have regular blood tests from after your bypass anyway? iv to have them evey 3 months x

Didn't want to read & run.
I had several of these symptons 2 years ago. Although another sympton that you haven't mentioned was my taste buds went strange. Had some blood tests and found that my folate levels & B12 were very low. Started having B12 injections twice a week to start with and gradually slowed down to once very 3 months. Also take folic acid daily.

I was also tested to see if i was a celiac (?) with a camera down my throat, a barium meal and a mal absorbsion test.
The b12 helps and I can tell when I start to need one again.
Hope this helps.

Sam I totally agree with what you say. I think a trip to the doc to explain how you're feeling, alongside hopefully some blood tests will hopefully find out what's going on and get you sorted.

Good luck,
Cuppa xx

Reading your post I would agree with Sam that it sounds as though you could be anaemic. Good luck at the dr if you struggle to tell the dr how you feel write it down and ask for a blood test to confirm whether you are anaemic or not.

It may be a long list, but if it were me I would print it and hand it to my GP. |In my non medical opinion, anaemia does sound a possibility, I have to take iron tabs because of my heavy periods . And if your GP doesn't offer it, then I think it is OK for you to ask for blood tests. I wish you lots of luck and hope things improve for you really soon.

hi i am no doctor and have not had surgery but as a personal to my self i have long heavy tom and each time this happens my iron levels become so low i suffer with many on your list.
i have to take regular iron tablets,
there is no harm asking the doctors for a full blood count.
wish you luck at the doctors and hope you feel better soon
kerryxx

Hello all.

thank yo so much for your replies.

The dr has taken my bloods and is running a lot of tests... she thinks i may have an underactive thyroid (sp?)

i find out next week... thanks so much for taking the time to read and reply to this.

She did say it could be any of the things i suggested also...

She said to wait and see what the results say and we will go from there... but she did comment on how pale i looked when i walked in lol

.x.

hi, i was diagnosed as having an underactive thyroid by my doctor it was this that actually led to me having the bypass after seeing a consultant, it'll be interesting to see what your doctor says as since being diagnosed nobody has mentioned my underactive thyroid!!!!

Hi Bee

I hope the blood tests come back and they can work out what is wrong and can address it.

Your symptoms are classic of lots of different conditions and also lack of vits and minerals. iron. folic acid and b12 deficiencies can play havoc with your well being. I have to take b12 injections every 3 months as my body doesnt absorb it from foods, even more so now post bypass. I thought all bypassers were supposed to have regular b12 injections to avoid malabsorbtion, let shope it something as simple as that and can be rectified.

Let us know the outcome hun

Xx

Back