• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

can we talk poo? not nice i know

tubbyspud

Hi all, i have a question that's not all that nice but we all do it!
I had Gastric Bypass 10 weeks ago and i've notice that when i have a bowel movement the colour of the poo is a very pale colour it never used to be like that. Anyone have any clues? i was guessing it was the lack of food but perhaps someone else can shed some light on it.
Horrible subject i know but i know i will get good answers from your good selves. xxxx

Ooooh, that's interesting! In 'normal' people a pale poo usually means that you are not producing enough bile to help digest fat. With a gastric bypass eating fat usually causes cramps - perhaps you don't get cramps and the fat in your diet has crept up???? I'd love to know. Zxx

My poos are pale and hard have been since I had my bypass at the beginning of 09

ok - Pale poo - dont worry about it, its just the change in your diet and the lack of bile, mine went from a dark green colour to the colour and consistancy of Thames mud, it will get back to a nice brown colour eventually as you add more to your diet.

Hard poo - You need to drink more water, water will make your stools softer and easier to pass.

Hope this helps

Im 6 weeks post bypass and my poo is still green and muddy! lol

ok - Pale poo - dont worry about it, its just the change in your diet and the lack of bile, mine went from a dark green colour to the colour and consistancy of Thames mud, it will get back to a nice brown colour eventually as you add more to your diet.

Hard poo - You need to drink more water, water will make your stools softer and easier to pass.

Hope this helps
Thanks thats a great help, just something i needed to clear up in my mind i knew i'd get the help here. it'spretty formed with no constipation thank goodness. xx

Ooooh, that's interesting! In 'normal' people a pale poo usually means that you are not producing enough bile to help digest fat. With a gastric bypass eating fat usually causes cramps - perhaps you don't get cramps and the fat in your diet has crept up???? I'd love to know. Zxx
nope no cramps, it's formed just very pale! Before my op i suffered with IBS and boy had to get to the loo very quick but now i dont have that feeling at all. ( probably a little bit too much info!!! lol) xxx

:sick0019: Not too much information at all - I love watching Embarrasing Bodies on telly! Zxx

oh, what a wonderful subject lol

Hi Vics, good to see you posting again!! Apart from the "sh*tty" (lol)subject I hope you're well.
Hi Gaynor, im ok thanks been lurking around. Feel good soooo glad i had it done apart from phlebitis and a urine infection at wk 8!!! had to have something i guess.
How are you doing? xxxx

Hi Vicky we met at our post op assessment. Hope you are doing well. Just agreeing that there is no iron on our list of tabs to take.

M

Zetacatty you have had all the good advice you need from the guys so hope your bowel issues stop worrying you now

Jay xx

Jay - it's not me with the bowel probs - it's tubbyspud! I haven't even 'been done' yet.
My funding was confirmed yesterday and that's given me a bit of a wobbly tum, though. :sign0007: Zxx

Back