• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

dummy run pre op diet

cindy63

Hi everyone, im waiting for my surgery date possibly mid may fingers crossed, just wondering if it would be safe to have a dummy run week of pre op diet to boost my weight loss ? wot do you think any advice gatefuly received.:confused:

It depends what pre op diet you are doing. if you are doing the low cal food one then it will all help, however I wouldn't recommend doing the milk diet unless its for your pre op. It is hard enough to do it once and it does have its problems if followed long term.

thanks for that, I only have a copy of the milk one havent got the the other one is there any where i can get a copy as my loss has slumped a little.

The pre op diets are not to loose weight just shrink your liver.Just go on a slimming world type diet ie low fat,carb and sugar.

Pre-Operative Dietary Sheet
Try this link. Woman at my hospital has been on this similar diet for 5 months and lost 3 stone, she is now hoping not to have to have surgery! After all she's been through?

Thanks for that link DM- it's so simple even I should be able to manage it so am going to give it a try :D

Sounds like a good idea. I'm waiting for my date too and my pre-op diet will be 4 slimfasts per day. I've noticed my eating is getting out of control again lately as I keep having 'last meals' for fear of never being able to eat them again.
think I'll do a slimfast diet for the week, but with just the 2 shakes per day plus a main meal. I need to get control over my snacking.

Diets, Diets, Diets

Good luck with that, well done with the smoking must be difficult doing both. (ive never smoked but my other half has and been an ex smoker 18 years it was very hard for him). Im hoping my date will come soon they told me may but still not heard anything. Here's hoping. x:)

oops!

Well, I tried the diet posted above today and entered my choices into myfitnesspal.com I've had just under 100 calories-with no weighing. I was really hungry by lunch time but the lunch of small chicken breast and two ryvita satisfied me. I ate my breakfast and have eaten fruit-things I'm bad at doing. I don't need to go as low as 1000 per day as I'm heavy and my op isn't likely to be before October. However, having this really simple guide is very useful and I know I can add a few cals here and there if I need to.
I had new potatoes, spinach and poached eggs for tea, followed by a yoghurt. Very satisfied. I hope I can stick to it :D

Back