• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Early days eating after bypass

kirstyjade

My bypass/sleeve surgery is next week and I just wondering what kinda things people were having in each stage after the op apart from soup and shakes

Mash with cheese or gravy/ slow cooked casseroles/ fish pies for the puree stages :)

I lived off clear soups, I was fed up with milk/yogs due to my pre-op diet but both are ideal if you like them (slacken off the yog with milk) I also had apple juice which I diluted 50/50 with water then added ice.

I was on a similar post surgery food wise I had actimels for drinks and small cans if soup without bits in it then would add some mash to it when on the next stage
had scrambled eggs as well

In addition to homemade soups etc I had milky coffee , made with semi skimmed milk plus additional dried skimmed milk stirred in. Actimels are really handy, plus I cannot tolerate the consistency of normal yogurt so I checked with my surgeon and he said it was OK for me to have Danios mixed with Fage 0% and zapped with my blender till super smooth. Its was nice and thick and creamy but no bits. I boak with protein shakes as well so the high protein yogurt was a godsend. My diet sheet also allowed ditch crisp-bakes with low fat spread .. These melt on the mouth. In fact it was the first thing they gave us post op. Made a nice change for the crunch. I used laughing cow lights with them rather than low fat marg which is still a bit fatty imo.

Hth

I boak with protein shakes as well so the high protein yogurt was a godsend.

Hth

Had to laugh Weegie not sure to many of our English friends will know what "boak" means, lol.

Protein shakes are the devils creation, way to sweet and sickly, the closest I have come to dumping so far, never again.

Had to laugh Weegie not sure to many of our English friends will know what "boak" means, lol. Protein shakes are the devils creation, way to sweet and sickly, the closest I have come to dumping so far, never again.

:) you'd be surprised, we've educated a few ;)

I tend to agree the best protein drink is nature's own. milk. Plus you can flavour it yourself, I quite like it as a coffee using Nescafe Intenso stuff. Mostly its Fage 0%.
Just having some with banana, honey and walnuts.

Back