• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

post op diet. help needed

pinkprincess77

Hi everyone I had my bypass on monday this week. The problem is a barely have any information as to what I can have at this stage. So far the only things I have had are nas squash, water and meal replacement milk shakes. Can anyone please advise me on what they were told they could have post op. Also what values to aim for in terms of calories and protien ect. Many thanks x

Hi hun you best bet is to contact them direct as they are all different. My first week was clear fluids only (diff op) sieve soups so there are no lumps aim for protien intake dont worry about calorie intake atm. good luck x

Hi hun you best bet is to contact them direct as they are all different. My first week was clear fluids only (diff op) sieve soups so there are no lumps aim for protien intake dont worry about calorie intake atm. good luck x

I went the nhs route I am extremely greatful but the lack of information and guidance is horrendous. X

Hi heres the menu i was given while still in hospital a couple of weeks ago
tick one main course and one veg
main
1tbs pureed creamed potato
1 tbs pureed cheesy potato & sachet of salad cream
1 tbs of minced beef and jug of gravy
or chicken
1 tbs of pureed cod with white sauce
1 tbs pureed cauliflower cheese
1 tbs of pureed tuna mayonnaise
veg
1 tbs pureed broccoli