• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What to eat after bypass

josieslimmer

Hi all,

I am reading different things about eating after bypass. Can you tell me what you ate after the op and when you went onto " normal " foods. Im due to have my bypass the week after next and in Nov am going away for the weekend and booked into a nice restaurant, was wondering what i would be eating approximatley 6 weeks after surgery. thanks x

Hi Josie,

it all depends on what your surgical team advises. Some people come out of hospital on sloppy foods, whilst others have to spend 4 weeks on fluids then 4 weeks sloppies before trying mushy "normal" food.

Which hospital are you under and then someone who went to your hospital may reply with what they were advised to do.

Hi Josie
My surgical team's plan for me was first two weeks unlimited fluids only inc smooth diet yougharts, low fat custard and sugar free jelly. Weeks 3 and 4 puree food all foods to be liquidised. Week 5 mashed foods( current stage) eating fish in sauce, mashed veg,potatoes, mince, scrambled eggs, low fat cream cheese etc. After week 7 to 8 been advised to start trying more solid food. Hope this helps a bit x

if it the right time you could perhaps just have a started bought to you with everyone elses main meal thats what I do

I will be going into St Richards under the care of Shaw Somers. Not many people know that I am having the bypass, think for my weekend away I will say I have been on a diet and really getting used to cutting down. Yes, will probably have my starter with everyones main. x

Back