• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Easiyo yogurts are they a good idea?

PoppyCorn

Hi All

I've just had my bypass and 4 days into my liquid only phase I'm struggling to get all the 'food' into my day. I don't really like any yogurt except M&S extremely fruity - which has bits.

So I was wondering if the Easiyo system from QVC would be nicer, bit-free and more economic than the fat free muller lights - which I'm barely tolerating. I know there is only one flavour labelled as low fat, but on the shows they always say that they're lower in fat than shop bought ones.

Has anyone got one? Are they nice? and are they truly low in fat?

All help appreciated muchly. x

galm37

I've got an easyo- I didn't get it from QVC though I bought mine from yoghurt direct. They sell quiet a few different varieties of the low fat versions on there & your not limited to the selections you can buy on QVC, you can buy 1 sachet or a box full. Ebay do some quiet good deals on the sachets once you have the flask & storage container. They are quiet nice, as long as you don't mind eating the same flavour (you make a litre at a time) and they last 1-2 wks from when you make them.
The yoghurt drinks are nice, but tbh I haven't checked out the nutritional info on those since having the op.

Twiggie

You can make your own yoghurt very easily. I use this yoghurt maker but you can easily make it in a warm flask - takes about 8 hours to set.

Electric Yoghurt Maker - Lakeland, the home of creative kitchenware

You need a tablespoon of natural live yoghurt as a starter (once you get going on production you can take it from previous batch) add to that a litre of sterilised milk and 1-2 tbsp of skimmed milk powder. Full of protein, no additives or sugars and extremely healthy! :)

thinnerangela

We have EasiYo from QVC - Lakeland do it too I think.

Its been a way to get more calories in me so I dont always worry about the fat content - with a DS the maladsorption deals with any excesses ;)

The protein content is higher than shop-bought yoghurts and I think it tastes better - don't leave it standing more than the recommended time though out of the fridge (12 hours max I think) cos it goes disgusting lol!!

I've never had much success with using yoghurt starters but I know it can be done

Good luck

Angela