• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Got a question need an answer pls :):)

Roch

Shrinking away nicely :)
Hi all yes its me again :):) got a question and i wondered if u experienced MM crew can help me.
I am going on a vlcd diet (very low cal diet) and i was going to use the mish mash of diff vlcd packs i have here for the next 2 weeks then will be asking Mr Sufi if i can do CD through the hospital to reduce my weight as they offer it to patients who are very heavy like me and also they offer it free :D:D and instead of doing it for just one month prior to surgery i would like to do it till surgery.
If that is not poss then i will buy the CD myself every week as am determined to do it.

To cut a very long story as short as i can, i thought i had 2 weeks worth of packs but i dont i only have 12 packs so 3 per day.
What i was thinking of doing is just for 2 weeks as i have to lose this 16 lbs i have gained b4 seeing Mr Sufi is to have one shake a day which is 150 cals then have another 300 cals of pure protein as CD and any other vlcd diets are 450 cals.
I know the issue of not having nutrients but i eat pure crap as it is so that is not an issue at the mo for me.
I just want to be on a vlcd for the next 2 weeks to drop this weight then go straight into CD either through the hospital or i will purchase it myself.

So i was wondering does it really matter what food i eat as long as it is fat free and has no carbs in it apart from my shake, and i am having lots of protein every day would i still lose the same amount of weight if i had been on 3 shakes a day still 450 cals, bare in mind i will be in ketosis and usually i lose bout 14lbs in the first week being in ketosis ie on CD then bout 5/6 after than each week.
Soz if i have confused you but it has been on my mind all afternoon and i could not figure it.
No dont worry i have not lost the plot,well not as yet lmao xxxx

Hi Roch

I'm not entirely sure I follow what you're planning to do but I absolutely would not recommend just having one CD pack and 300 cals (or so) of protein per day.

Most people tend to follow the SS+ plan now anyway which is EITHER 4 CD packs + 250 mls of skimmed milk OR 3 CD packs + a 200 cal 'green and white' meal (essentially an add-a-meal) per day which provides around 615 cals. This, of course, is designed to provide complete balanced nutrition so your body doesn't go into starvation mode or suffers any kind of nutritional deprivation.

I know your plan is to do the 3-packs-per-day Sole Source program but you DO need medical approval to do that nowadays regardless of what you weigh initially or your medical history so you wouldn't be able to do that at present in any case.

I know you have a lot of weight to lose, and may well lose weight quickly, but ketosis isn't the essential factor in any VLCD. Its the balanced nutrition that's the key to them being considered safe and healthy ways of losing weight. Being in ketosis just makes it that much easier as it takes away the feelings of hunger which makes dieting so difficult for a lot of people.

I hope this helps, but do give me a shout if there's anything more I can do.

xxx

Roch
I can't help on this one have very little experience of CD but Sharon is obviously very experienced so please take her advice and be careful you have been through enough without making yourself ill. I know you really want to lose some weight just don't do anything too drastic please x

Hi sharon this is just meant to be a temp thing for 13 days till i see the wls consultant. I have found out they offer CD through the hospital but that is usually just for a month b4 surgery.
If they cant offer me CD from now till surgery then i will be coming to visit you :):) i already have the signed doc consent form when i came to see you 5 weeks ago so will i have to get another signed form.
Would i still go into starvation mode if i still had 450 cals but not all in packs but this will def be just 13 days till i see the consultant.
Thanks for stopping by and reading my confusing post :)

Hi Roch

Yep I have your form signed/stamped by your GP which allows you to sole source (ie. follow a program providing fewer than 600 calories per day) but that's assuming you're following CD properly rather than 'mixing and matching'.

I'm not a nutritionist, but I would certainly worry that by not using at least 3 CD packs per day to make up your overall calorie intake you will inevitably miss out on essential foodgroups/nutrients and therefore your body could well go into starvation mode. This could, of course, also affect your rate of weightloss as your body will compensate by trying to conserve as much energy (calories) as possible.

I can really only properly advise and support you once you come back to see me which allows me to monitor your progress and ensure as best as I can that you're following the program the way it's designed to be used.

Let me know what the hospital says about providing CD to you as soon as you hear from them.

xxx

Hi Roch

Yep I have your form signed/stamped by your GP which allows you to sole source (ie. follow a program providing fewer than 600 calories per day) but that's assuming you're following CD properly rather than 'mixing and matching'.

I'm not a nutritionist, but I would certainly worry that by not using at least 3 CD packs per day to make up your overall calorie intake you will inevitably miss out on essential foodgroups/nutrients and therefore your body could well go into starvation mode. This could, of course, also affect your rate of weightloss as your body will compensate by trying to conserve as much energy (calories) as possible.

I can really only properly advise and support you once you come back to see me which allows me to monitor your progress and ensure as best as I can that you're following the program the way it's designed to be used.

Let me know what the hospital says about providing CD to you as soon as you hear from them.

xxx

Thanks Sharon will buzz ya after i see the consultant xxx:D:D

Roch
I can't help on this one have very little experience of CD but Sharon is obviously very experienced so please take her advice and be careful you have been through enough without making yourself ill. I know you really want to lose some weight just don't do anything too drastic please x

Ok mum xxxx:D:D:D:D:p:p:p

Do ya really want to risk going into starvation mode here girl :confused: :eek::eek::eek:;)

Back