• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Eating on holiday

Kirabear

Hi everyone....
I will having a bypass very soon...
Wanted to ask about eating on holiday especially abroad.
I go abroad 2-3 times a year and just wondering what other people have done regarding eating, especially the smaller portions.

Any advice greatly appreciated :)
Mandi :D

Is would like to know to, I go abroad a lot and am worried and the food situation after I've had my op,
I will be having a bypass also

I would assume the food rules are the same wherever you are in the world. Always protein first etc. if you plan on eating out alot, choose a high protein starter instead of a main course. Take home anything you don't eat in a doggie bag, so you can snack on it later. if your on all inclusive, choose the smallest plate size. Just cos there's lots of food there, doesn't mean we have to eat it all anymore :)

Great advice Paula. I'm going away on the 2nd of November. I chose the hotel as it was half board, with a buffet. I thought this would be a good idea as I can help myself and these sort of places always have cold meats, cheeses, eggs, salad etc. Plus they cook fresh fish and meat at there show cooking station daily. So I plan just to get a starter plate and have some fish and a bit of salad. Or for breakfast some cold ham and a boiled egg. Something along those lines. I think the only thing with being abroad is you might have to be careful of hidden things if stuff like sauces, especially if there is a language barrier you can't always get all the information you need so best to stick to things without those. So yeah as Paula said, small plates (or starter at a restraurant instead of a main) and just try and make the best choices you can. If in doubt think protein, veggies and fruit :) x

Smaller selections, take your time (sometimes eating out can put me under pressure to rush) and know where the loos are as a back up :)

Back