• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi Everyone

wobbles

Hiya, just thought i'd drop in and see how everyone is. Seems like lots has been happening, lots of new people, and the like. Good to see.

I moved to Australia about 2 months ago, and have spent that time settling in, catching up with people, settling into a house, getting my son settled, finding a new therapist and generally trying to adjust.

It has been 9 months since my bypass and i've lost 8 and a half stone. Started at 23 stone and am down to 14 stone 5 pounds. I'm really pleased, i look so different, and feel great. Still have about 2 or 3 stone to go.

My major concern is the amount of excess skin i have. It's just all hanging off me, in every conceivable place, i hate it and am really worried about it. The public health system here doesn't do surgery, no weight loss surgery, no cosmetic surgery, unless you pay for it. So looks like i'll be saving for quite a few years, and will just have to keep my clothes on forever.

I can eat anything at all now and i'm finding i have to be careful because i'm finding myself going back to old eating habits. I've had more take away over the last 2 months than ever before, have started drinking fizzy drinks again, and generally not eating very smartly. I've gone from not eating at all, to eating what seems all the time, and not making the right food choices. WHich i suppose explains why i've not lost any weight for around a month. I'm also not exercising.

I'm currently having therapy for my Borderline Personality Disorder and all that relates to that, and it's a struggle, but i'm starting uni tomorrow. Doing a bachelor of psychology cause i've always wanted to help people. I can't wait to start.

9 months post surgery, i feel great, look soooo much better, and don't regret for a second having the op. For those still waiting, especially Vicky, don't give up, it will happen for you. Keep your chins up, i know it's hard, but it's so worth it.

ANyway, just wanted to catch up. I hope you're all well.

xxx

You have done fantastically well - try and lose those bad habits before they take too much hold. I understand about the exercising though - have to force myself to do anything! Have you thought of going to Thailand for your skin surgery? Its not far from Australia and from what I have read and heard, the surgeons are fantastic and the aftercare is second to none - I know someone who spent time in hospital over there and it put our NHS hospitals to shame. Just remember - thats where all the ladyboys are from and they look wonderful.

Glad to hear you've done so well Erin :hug99: and pleased the move has gone well! You know how to make the surgery work for you to shift the last bit, so it's up to you whether or not to do it!

Hi Erin glad you are doing well. 8 and half stone is a brilliant loss, good for you. Maybe now that you are more settled you can get back into good habits and shift those last pounds. Wishing all the success in the world for you education and new life back in Australia.

Hugs,
Nic:D

Thanks guys, great to see you all.

Just need to give myself a kick up the bum and get the last bit of weight off.

Shel and Nic, you're looking absolutely gorgeous!

xx

Hi Erin,
Well done with your weightloss so far 8 and a half stone is fantastic!!!
You should be so proud of yourself!
Wishing you the best of luck in your new Home in Austrailia.

could you arrange a visit back to dear ole blighty and get it done on the nhs?? wouldn't the flights be cheaper than a private op?

Back