• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

emptied band

manda30

Hi I had my band emptied last week due to reflux, and it bring too tight for a long time, Ive gained 15kilos in the last year :'( since my band was emptied the reflux is no better and somedays worse, I've left loads of messages for bariatric nurse to contact me but I've heard nothing, I'm so fed up I feel like a complete failure, I'm considering driving over to Sunderland to see if they can see me :'( has anyone else been in this position, I honestly don't think I can cope with this much longer

I'm so sorry to hear that you're struggling - if you had it done via the NHS (unsure if you did) but try contacting PALS at the hospital to help get the response that you're needing.

sorry to hear you are having a hard time sweetie ... as the other post said are you private or nhs? either way I think you should start saying you are going to make a formal complaint as you need to get this resolved. Maybe email rather than phone calls so you have a record of their responses? best of luck - let us know how you get on xxx

I've just managed to speak to her on the phone, she's going to call me back this afternoon, I'm bloody fed up now :'(

I hope that you get some help and some answers.

When I went for a fill at my provider there was a lady there who was suffering from reflux and had her band emptied, (she was only having aftercare there, they hadn't fitted her band) and they actually found that there were underlying issues which were not caused by or related to the band and which no-one had been aware of, but having the band fitted sparked it off, she then had specific help and treatment to get the reflux issues sorted and was then under the aftercare only package was in the process of slowly having fills.

I hope that you get some help, some answers and are able to get back on track :)

I had my band too tight for a month or so, and had reflux when eating certain foods. Since having a defill I have noticed that those food still cause reflux just a milder form. The reflux is unlikely to stop overnight you have to treat your stomach with extra tlc. Dry eating softer bland foods as you stomach is probaly still inflamed. When I had a defill I was told to do liquids for a week then mushies for five days then normal foods.

Good luck getting some advice from your provider.

I started with bad reflux had a few mls out but it didn't get better so I now have a empty band if your still sufferening you need an xray because you may have a slipped band which is what I now have and it can give reflux and bad hb

Back