• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Encouragement pleeeeese????

I have read loads of these posts about people with the same problem, but this time it's about me!! LOL! Feeling a bit down about it!

I was loosing well, but last week I lost NOTHING and this week I lost ONE lb!

I pretty much know what you are all going to say, but would be really grateful if you would say it to me anyway!!!

Thanks

Jacqui there's not much between us operating date wise. I had a week of a 1lb weight loss and 2 weeks of nothing... Since then over 2 weeks i've lost 6lbs, it will start again, so please don't worry :) xx

Reactions: Bev
Thanks Julie!
I always read your posts with interest coz we were only 10 days apart!
Like I said, I know the weight will come off, it has to, but when your life has been ruled by diets and the scales, it is hard to see the scales barely move for two weeks!
The scales have always been some kind of validation for me that I've been doing everything right, so I do panic a bit when the weight loss stops.
I have always been a slow looser on any diet I have done, I just need to keep breathing and it will happen.
Thanks for your comments, and I'm really pleased that your weight loss has started up again!
Fingers crossed my scales will move soon!

sweetpea!! your doing FAB FAB FAB our weight loss will fluctuate day to day hour to hour! you will prob find next week you ll lose more than expected! your good hun and im sure its a tiny blip x

:)consider yourself encouraged Jacquie:)

Just think how different you're going to look when you next visit Manchester
You'll have no trouble keeping up with your lovely dogs in the showring!!!

Oh Jacquie, please don't fret. It will come off, try and not focus on the scales as you will still be losing inches. I know how hard it is not to keep jumping on the scales but have faith the pounds will fall off again soon.

It's still early days precious... your day will soon be here and start planning ahead for that new wardrobe!
Please don't get upset over it, it seems like some people take a little longer than others but it always happens.
Much love xxx

Thanks everyone!
I think my worry is that I really dont feel like I've had a bypass anymore!
I am obviously eating smaller portions, but I can eat anything. And to be honest I forget that I've had the op! I've had no problems and no pain! LOL!
I know the weight has to come off, but it is really nice to be told so by you lot!
Thanks!

Well done you!!! Fab weight loss, imagine had you gone to WW or Sw or some other weight loss place, you'd be on the scales lookin round at everyone smugly with a "yep, i'm the don" look on your face!!!
I suppose we think it's going to be loss loss loss all the way with WLS,(i'm pre op so maybe thats what i thought at first) And it's a blag when it goes slowly, But hey, your doin fab...I will need a few reminders i dare say in a few weeks, lots a love n stuff. xxxx

sometimes the scales don't show movement but your body is losing inches. Your body needs time to adjust to the rapid weight loss and will go into starvation mode especially with so few calories going in, its your bodies defence mechanism against starving to death.

Hang on in there and it will restart x

Terri that is so true.

It's a case of not giving up when we don't have a loss... we will all have our weeks.

So many variables... which way round the scales are placed...what you are wearing... TOTM, even scales vary so much...

Keep going and keep positive! xxx

**ENCOURAGEMENT**

There, is that better? LOL:p! This is a very common post, people will panic when they have a small loss or no loss at all in the early days. Just remember it all counts, it all moves you forward on the journey. Some people will have big losses, then nothing for awhile, others will have tiny losses but steady, others will have a mixture of both. No two patients are ever just alike, we are all snowflakes, lol so try not to worry. Just keep doing it the sensible way and before you know it you will be a healthy weight!

Nic;)

Thanks for all the great comments! Patience is needed, but its just not in me!! LOL!

Nic, wow your profile pic is just beautiful!

The snowflakes thing is really true though! When I try to compare my wls journey with others who had surgery just before or just after me it is obvious we travelled at different speeds and with different results. Even with people near my age, height and overall weight loss needed there is a tremendous variation. Go figure!!!

Nic;)

Consider yourself encouraged - it's perfectly normal and happens to all of us ! I've just had 3 weeks when I dropped a measly 2lbs... but I still went down a size and lost several inches over the same period. This week, I've lost 5lbs !! So chin up it'll get better... :D

Back