• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

EndoBarrier.....How do you feel about that???

farzu

Hello everyone,
Just found this Endobarrier thingy few days ago and started looking into it. it says everywhere that this thing works same as Gastric bypass.

''Type 2 diabetes and weight loss can be hard to manage. Diet and lifestyle changes are important, but many times they are not enough. Medications don’t always work either, and they often have side effects. Another option is surgery. Procedures such as gastric bypass can be effective, but often people fear surgery and the permanence of this option. Now there’s a new choice. It’s called EndoBarrier®.
A liner that fits inside your intestine, EndoBarrier can dramatically lower your blood sugar and weight without surgery or medication.''

Please tell me how do you feel about this procedure as its non-surgical and works the same as bypass surgery.

here are some links for you to look at :

WEndobarrier, Non-Surgical Solution, Type 2 Diabetes, Weight Loss: London, Surrey, Sutton, Kingston, Croydon, Mitcham

ENDOBARRIER TREATMENT | NON SURGICAL PROCEDURE TO TREAT TYPE 2 DIABETES | OBESITY

ENDODIABETES Â*Endobarrier procedure for type 2 diabetes and obesity

Sounds like another pipe dream product being aimed at overweight people. Another product that claims you will magically lose weight without any real changes.

I'd read about this last year. I can't see how it can lead to sustained weight loss as its a temporary measure - OK you may lose weight and your diabetes may improve whilst the liner is in place, but I'm a little sceptical about how weight loss is maintained once the tool is removed, particuarly if there is no other support such as counselling, congnitive behaviour therapy, exercise referral, etc.

Hmmm Id be very wary of these "new fangled miracle" weightloss cures....make sure you do lots of research and ask your GP for some advice too :D XX

Research is still going on for this procedure and there is a option for clinical trials in the NHS who are still recruiting people with type 2 diabetes.
I filled up some forms yesterday and got a call from them this morning. they asked me few questions about diabetes and what medicines i am taking. they also said the trials could cost me around £1900 lol. the procedure is for i think 6 months as the man who called asked me if i will be in the uk for next 6 months. Only 4 places in the UK the procedure is available at the moment. he also said it depends on the researchers who they will choose for the trials.

I would be very wary of it costing YOU anything to take part in a trial?? Seems odd to me, I took part in a medical trial last year and it didnt cost me anything and I was informed they couldnt pay me anything as it would breach the ethical code. Please dont part with any money untill you know a bit more. XX

I would be very wary of it costing YOU anything to take part in a trial?? Seems odd to me, I took part in a medical trial last year and it didnt cost me anything and I was informed they couldnt pay me anything as it would breach the ethical code. Please dont part with any money untill you know a bit more. XX

yes hun, i was also a bit concerned about the money, then i contacted NHS directly but didn't get any reply yet. how do they do the trials? how did you feel?

The trial I did was with a doctor who approached me at Mr Ammoris clinic so I knew he was genuine. It was really professional and I fel good about doing it. It sounds to me like this is a private firm getting people to part with money to be guinea pigs. Try contacting the bariatric clinic in your local hospital they might have some information for you :D XX

Back