• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Endoscopy done, operation here i come!!

vickip99

Well ive had my endoscopy done at sunderland and can honestly say it Wasnt as bad as i thought. I only managed on throat spray. But still managed to feel quite a bit. But its all over with now.

Im being placed on waiting list for RNY asap. Which is good news. X

Sorry for being really stupid, and hope it's not too personal, but I see on here that quite a few people here have endoscopies, is that part of the process, or is it separate? Glad it all went well though :)

Hi vickster its part of the process. Its to see how the linning of ur stomach is. They said mine was a little inflammed but could just be acid refulx. They also take a biopsy too which does not hurt just a little tug thats all i felt. But tgey saidy stomach was fine. Its really nothin to worry about. To be honest i think the hardest part is over now.
What op have you opted for? Im getting RNY bypass. X

Ah, thank you! I've not found that information any where else, and I have been trying to do my research! bit worried I've not been looking in the right places!
I have my MDT on Friday, so very early in the process, but I think I am hoping for RNY. I just want it to be the end of the day Friday and to know what they say, I am driving myself crazy at the moment!!

Ive been the same. Where abouts r u? Things move pretty fast at sunderland where im based. I was only at seminar in june nd now im waitin for surgery. Fingers crossed its soon. Not be long for you now tho x

Well done hun!
Fingers crossed for a date for you soon x

I'm in Eastbourne, travelling to Chichester. I really hope it's not too long, I am in so much pain, I just want to start living!

Well the surgery departmemt has just rang me with op date for 25th jan next sunday. Im sure things will move pretty quick for u hun. Have you hit your weight loss targets?x

Well done on getting through your endoscopy. I can't believe youve got a date already I only hope mine is as quick. This is my second year of waiting. At least you don't have too long to worry only a week or so before your op and your on the other side.

Gill- ah really. Its only taken me 6 month from semimar back in june last year. Hope u get a date very soon hun. Endoscopy wasnt too bad i managed ok. Nurse said i did very well. Even tho i vomited down me shoulder while i was lyin down. Not a pretty site at all. But i suppose they expect it coz there is a tube in ur throat for about 5 mins x

That's great news!

I had my endoscopy at SRH yesterday but my case still needs to be discussed at MDT so not expecting any news yet.

Good luck!

Fab news Vicky. How long did you end up waiting for endoscopy? Good luck for your op! x

Discojen- how did you find it? Bet ur glad its done now tho and out of the way. You MDT shouldnt take long now. Mine was done in november. I had my target weigh in on 5th november my case was disscussed between november and december as i seen mr carr for pre op on 3rd dec. Not be long for you now x

Jacwat- mr car said approx 6 weeks from seeing him on 3rd december but i give it a week and rang endoscopy meself and they give me appointment for 14th jan so was just over 4 weeks. Just ring up once surgeon has passed ur notes over to them. Its much quicker x

Discojen- how did you find it? Bet ur glad its done now tho and out of the way. You MDT shouldnt take long now. Mine was done in november. I had my target weigh in on 5th november my case was disscussed between november and december as i seen mr carr for pre op on 3rd dec. Not be long for you now x

Jacwat- mr car said approx 6 weeks from seeing him on 3rd december but i give it a week and rang endoscopy meself and they give me appointment for 14th jan so was just over 4 weeks. Just ring up once surgeon has passed ur notes over to them. Its much quicker x

Thanks Vicky
Do you mind me asking what your weight loss target was and did you lose more? Just panicking for my next appointment. I cant bear this, I just want it done, the waiting is killing me ha ha x

Ah i bet it is. I had gained 3kg from seminar to first dietitians appointment. But they asked me to lose 5kg but also they added the 3 i had put on to it so i had to lose 8kg in total. I had 12 weeks. There targets arent bad. They wont ask u to lose about 2 stone its probs about 5kg but i think it also depends on ur start weight. But do try nd lose about 1kg more than ur target. They will be pleased if you do. Good luck xx

When i was weighed at my target i had just hit the 8kg. They i had a pre op 4 weeks later and lost a further 10kg??? In 4 weeks. I didnt think so. I questioned could the scales be wrong nd mr carr said u have been weighed 3 times on them now so we will just take that. But at me endoscopy yesterday there scales (different ones again) said i had gained 10kg!! I explained about my last weigh in nd how the scales could be wrong but she nurse listened and i was still listed. She just said try to lose some before op which i more than likely will on LSD diet x

So glad it's over with!! It was not nice at all was it?!

I hope it's soon, I had my seminar in July 2012! (Few hiccups along the way).

Can't wait until it's over!

I've had my endoscopy as well. It's just about bearable but I wouldn't want to do it again. What area are you in Discojen? I'm having my op at kings college. Your timeframe sounds similar to mine.

I've had my endoscopy as well. It's just about bearable but I wouldn't want to do it again. What area are you in Discojen? I'm having my op at kings college. Your timeframe sounds similar to mine.

I'm Sunderland Hill, same as Vicki x

Back