• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Endoscopy?

Jessxx

Hello,

I am currently waiting for my pre op appt for a gastric bypass and have read a few threads that mention having to have an endoscopy.
Just wondering if everyone has had this or if it varies depending on the surgeon/patient?

have to say I didn't have one so I cant really help you

I had one but other people haven't. If u have to have it, don't worry!! It's a bit uncomfortable but over real quick xxx

I think it depends on where you are. Some people seem to have them and others don't.

I had one last week and it was over pretty quickly but it was really hideous! If you have one I would seriously take the sedation, everyone told me to but as I had nobody to stay with me overnight I couldn't but really wish I had!

Fingers crossed you won't have to :)

I think it depends on where you are. Some people seem to have them and others don't.

I had one last week and it was over pretty quickly but it was really hideous! If you have one I would seriously take the sedation, everyone told me to but as I had nobody to stay with me overnight I couldn't but really wish I had!

Fingers crossed you won't have to :)

Hope you don't need one and Suzie sorry you didn't have anyone to stay over! But at least its done!

Thanks for the re-assurance everyone. Hoping I don't have to have one, but if I do, its a small price to pay!

I had sedation for mine but was out only a couple of hours later. Didn't need an overnight stay.

I had one (no sedation just throat spray)... Euuurgh. Hideous experience. I will say though, if I needed to do it again I wouldn't be scared or worried. It's over pretty quickly xx

Back