• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Does everyone have endoscopy?????

Butterfly38

Hi all, just waiting to hear from surgeon for my date now but I keep seeing on hear people have endoscopys..... No one has ever mentioned it to me?? Has anyone on here who's had a bypass NOT had an endoscopy before surgery????

I didn't have one, I don't think everyone does at all. Just some providers. I had one done for a different reason a few years back but requested a sedation and barely remember it, so if you do have to have one then you can request a sedation if you wanted too :)

I think it depends on which hospital you are going with. I have just had mine at sunderland in Nov last year. and I only got the spray because I was driving their myself. Its only to check if you have certain bugs and to check for hernia's too. You are best off having the endoscopy. to make sure every think is ok.

it was never mentioned to me at all but when i went for last appointment in nov as i didnt reach the target they gave me he said he changed mind about sleeve wants me to get bypass and to go for camera. just had that done today a few hours ago, being such a softie i have spray and sedation. it doesnt make you fall sleep but i think it secretly does cos soon as i had it the only thing i can remember is sitting up walking to a chair sitting down and going home lol and now i cant even remember much from getting home paying bills with partner and now lol it seems to take memory away haha x

Wow that's wierd lol well at least it was bearable for you!! I'm having a bypass just waiting for call from surgeon now but not once has an endoscopy been mentioned to me. Don't bother me going for it, obvs I'd rather not like lol but I just wondered. Thanks for your help x

Think its standard now at Sunderland, I had it (sedation and spray!) and it was fine. I was exceptionally scared about it.
Pleased I did as they found a hernia which may now dictate a bypass oppose to a planned sleeve

Hi

I had my bypass at St Richards in Chichester and there was never any mention of endoscopy there either.

Paul

Back