• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Endoscopy and Sleeve?

borogirl

Hi
I plan to have a sleeve, funding already approved on the NHS but long time to wait yet :cry: Do you have to have an endoscopy with a Gastric Sleeve as I thought this was for a bypass only?
:break_diet:

borogirl said:
Hi
I plan to have a sleeve, funding already approved on the NHS but long time to wait yet :cry: Do you have to have an endoscopy with a Gastric Sleeve as I thought this was for a bypass only?

Depends which hospital you are at and if they think you need one, I was one of the lucky one's and didn't get one :) x

Thanks - I will be going to Sunderland (or James Cook if I manage to get transfered) x

Didn't have anything like that during my pre-op checks, at either Guys, St Thomas' or The Princess Grace

Great, dont want anything else to add to the waiting time! How do you find your sleeve?

So far so good, I am only 5 weeks post-op so still on the pureed food stage.

Can eat a reasonable amount, but no where near what I could eat before.

I am having one major issues with the prescribed multivitamin which makes me sick almost every time I take it...

Thanks,

Consider my self pretty lucky on the whole post-op pain was minimal and went after a couple of weeks.

Looking forward to my 6 week check-up, although it will not be until 7 weeks lol.

I never had an endoscopy either and have never heard of anyone personally, who has. I am 5 months post sleeve, and loving it :)

Sunderland make everyone have an endo now. Last summer you didn't have to have one if you were having a sleeve but by the time I met the surgeon in Nov, they'd changed it so I had mine 7 weeks later.

I know it feels like a really long time but it honestly flies by x

Thanks - I will be going to Sunderland (or James Cook if I manage to get transfered) x

From what I've read on other posts James Cook has a much shorter waiting list x

Hi I live near James Cook, and tried to get transfered but its all been a bit complicated to transfer. I need my GP to refer me direct to the consultant but her referred me to the weight management service, which decide whether you get funding. I already have funding approved as I am in the process with Sunderland. I panicked and checked I am still on Sunderland waiting list, which I am. My GP isnt great and didnt even know they did WLS at James Cook! I may try again to get referred back ti James Cook, but I dont want to go back to the start.

I'm shocked that some hospitals DON'T do it. What if you had problems with your stomach? inflamation? or the start of something like an ulcer? I would never have wanted my stomach cut into without knowing it was healthy to start with.

I never had an endoscopy either and have never heard of anyone personally, who has. I am 5 months post sleeve, and loving it :)

I had an endoscopy in September 2011 as part of the standard NHS testing procedures (whether for band, bypass or sleeve). I realise Mr Sufi may do things differently at his private clinics.

I found with the 16 month NHS waiting list and 4 month period of tests (Sept 2011 - Jan 2012), I had to go through (almost) everything -- at least they are thorough !!!!

Thanks - my journey trying to get referred to James Cook has ended, going to stick with Sunderland. My GP called me today to advise they cant move me. Not going to worry about it, my appointment is July to show a 10lb weight loss. xx

Hopefully it won't be too much longer after that - the time will fly by x

Hi

Please please PLEASE make sure they tell u about all complications including LEAKS and what their procedure to fix them is. Id hate for you or anyone to experience what Im currently going through.

Hope all goes well xx

Hi borogirl im from boro to and i was getting my opp at sunderland i had been waiting for a year and a half and still had another yr to wait so i asked my gp to refer me to james cook and yes you have to start from scratch but it only takes 6 months from seminar to op i get my op next week also the fact when i have follow ups i can just go to james cook which isent far from were i live and sunderland is and if they is any complications james cook aways tell you you have to be seen by sunderland as my sister had this happen to her as thats were she had her opp good luck x

im down for a bypass and had the endoscopy in july at srh i just had the spray and was fine so been on the list now for 2 month was told six month wait so 2 down 4 to go is the way im looking at it lol good luck xx

Back