• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Endurance

tpt

Uber geek
..so we are in the throws of moving. Was in the new cottage yesterday, lots of workmen, hubby, me & a couple of pals. Hubby went off to get scran for all - hot sausage rolls, cheese straws, steak bakes, huge fresh rolls with bacon, sausage & cheese (my fav) - bags and bags of the stuff...and nothing for me. I was a bit open jawed when it all arrived and everyone was tucking in, a bit miffed with him for again being so inconsiderate so walked away. (Takeaways every night for couple of weeks now in my house - we all all packed up and his mates are staying!!!!) My pal then went off and came back with a muller light for me - which I could only manage 1/3rd of anyway.

Was I jealous? Yeah, a bit. Was I miffed at his insensitivity? Yeah - more than a bit. Did I resent my op? For a tinsy tiny second, yes but then I figured I want to be fit more than I want to eat the pies. As I have not lost for a few days that would normally have been enough to trigger me into binge mode and have stuffed all those carbs down my throat - but I am so glad that I literally can't now. This Op / pouch really is such a powerful tool.

And your experiences? We all have to fit into normal life with everyone in their eating habits......

The way I look at it is this. I know what overeating, binge eating, what ever you want to call it, did to me. So now am I jealous for watching people stuff theirselves full of crap? Not on your nelly! If they want to abuse their bodies like I did mine, then they can. I don't feel envy, I feel sorry, for them.

My family know now that I won't let them eat trash, yes, they have treats, I bought them fish and chips the other day, but are eating so much better these days. It was the first take-a-way in 2 weeks!

Yes call me a hypocrite, but hey, it's for their health, not mine!

I tell people it's affected me psychologically as well as physically, and it has, big time!!!!

I can see you being a bit miffed, but don't stoop to their level, your body is precious, treat it that way :D

The way I look at it is this. I know what overeating, binge eating, what ever you want to call it, did to me. So now am I jealous for watching people stuff theirselves full of crap? Not on your nelly! If they want to abuse their bodies like I did mine, then they can. I don't feel envy, I feel sorry, for them.

My family know now that I won't let them eat trash, yes, they have treats, I bought them fish and chips the other day, but are eating so much better these days. It was the first take-a-way in 2 weeks!

Yes call me a hypocrite, but hey, it's for their health, not mine!

I tell people it's affected me psychologically as well as physically, and it has, big time!!!!

I can see you being a bit miffed, but don't stoop to their level, your body is precious, treat it that way :D

Excellent attitude Mixman!

..so we are in the throws of moving. Was in the new cottage yesterday, lots of workmen, hubby, me & a couple of pals. Hubby went off to get scran for all - hot sausage rolls, cheese straws, steak bakes, huge fresh rolls with bacon, sausage & cheese (my fav) - bags and bags of the stuff...and nothing for me. I was a bit open jawed when it all arrived and everyone was tucking in, a bit miffed with him for again being so inconsiderate so walked away. (Takeaways every night for couple of weeks now in my house - we all all packed up and his mates are staying!!!!) My pal then went off and came back with a muller light for me - which I could only manage 1/3rd of anyway.

Was I jealous? Yeah, a bit. Was I miffed at his insensitivity? Yeah - more than a bit. Did I resent my op? For a tinsy tiny second, yes but then I figured I want to be fit more than I want to eat the pies. As I have not lost for a few days that would normally have been enough to trigger me into binge mode and have stuffed all those carbs down my throat - but I am so glad that I literally can't now. This Op / pouch really is such a powerful tool.

And your experiences? We all have to fit into normal life with everyone in their eating habits......

You know it sounds to me like you are in mourning...in mourning for an old way of life and in mourning of the loss of your old stomach.

Don't be too down on your o/h as he probably hasn't caught up with you yet...

I'm glad you never tried to binge those nasty, fatty, slodgy, glutenous, crappy, heartburning, stomach churning carbs...(I was going to say maggot ridden just to put you off next time you feel like it, but some mught be having their breakfast).

Looks like your move went well in the end.

You have done so well, keep it up.

(((hugs)))

You know it sounds to me like you are in mourning...in mourning for an old way of life and in mourning of the loss of your old stomach.
(((hugs)))

Hmmm..no, not mourning - but just because I have had some physical surgery to fix the problem, it is going to take my brain a little longer to catch on and let go of bad eating habits. I think I may have 'mourned' very slightly the bacon & saus & cheese roll loss - for that was a weekend treat!

We are not finally moved in till Friday, so we still have a way to go yet. And no - hubby has totally not not embraced the whole new eating regime and carries on as normal in his own little pie world :rolleyes:

I'm sorry to hear your problems but at the end of the day you have done something positive and will reap the benefits, it won't be long before you won't take any notice. Just look forward to the NEW you.

xxxx

Give it a couple more weeks and then your appetite will disappear completely - no food will be appetising especially junk food. I absolutely guarantee thats what will happen! It would have made you so ill if you'd tried anyway.

TPT i share your feelings completely. I'm on the 2nd week of liquid post op stage and my head def has'nt caught up with my physical requirements and it is hard to see my hubby and daughter tuck into "solid" food. Initially they felt guilty but i told them to relate it to me having recently given up smoking, people who smoke can't avoid me just cause i find it difficult so they have to eat in front of me. I think it's the fact that it's early days and we are still getting our heads around so many changes. Mixman i agree too, my oh is a big guy 6ft 5" and around 25/26 stone but he is one of the heavier people who does'nt bother what other people think but i vowed none of my kids would suffer the way i did( so far succesfully) So like you i have them eating healthier now. I am so looking forward to losing this weight but i just think it will take me some time to get used to new and better habits x

I'm sorry to hear your problems but at the end of the day you have done something positive and will reap the benefits, it won't be long before you won't take any notice. Just look forward to the NEW you.

xxxx

It's not a problem - it's I think a new experience that I had not expected? I have always been very blase about the surgery (and all my previous surgeries) so was not expecting any mental / emotional issues or aspects to arise. In that, I think I may have been naive. I just comment on them here when they arise to see if others had experienced the same and how they felt about them..it also (in my head) gives an insight to the pre-oppers.

I think there are some aspects we all expect - the physical things like wind, appetite change, energy levels changing, physical body changes but the mental ones I have found have tended to take me by surprise!

I just went into the bakers to get hubby & workmen their daily dose of pies etc etc and didn't feel a thing..but yesterday when the food suddenly arrived smelling divine and there was nothing I could eat, it rocked me momentarily.

Im finding it hard at the moment. No amount of mental preparation before the surgery can help I dont think. I think I am in mourning for the things I used to be able to eat. I know it sounds stupid because it was so bad for me and I ended up huge because of it, but I am having a hard time at the moment. I think thats why ive not been around on here as much as usual too as I have been avoiding everyone else who has pound the adjustment easier. Its good to know im not alone.

Fuze - if dieting was easy we would all be thin. If giving up bad eating habits was easy...etc etc..same as smoking, drinking, drugs. They are all habits & addictions. The op has fixed us biologically and now we just need to adjust mentally, and after years (and in some cases a whole life-time) of unhealthy eating, unwise food choices or emotional attachments to food, this is not going to happen over night.

I suspect the difficult adjustment is the norm as opposed to the minority.

I find I think about food so much less now than a few weeks back, not sure how others felt, but just sometimes (as in the jist of this thread) somethings comes us and catches you by surprise!

I heard a few months back that Paul McKenna said (while doing his mind altering program for weight loss) that 'overweight people' (or whatever terminology he used) think about food all the time, every minute of every day unless they are eating it. I was staggered at how true that was. However, I find that now at 4 weeks post op, this is less and less the case.

Don't suffer in silence Fuze - you can always PM me or some of the others if you are struggling a bit - we are all in the same boat!

Im finding it hard at the moment. No amount of mental preparation before the surgery can help I dont think. I think I am in mourning for the things I used to be able to eat. I know it sounds stupid because it was so bad for me and I ended up huge because of it, but I am having a hard time at the moment. I think thats why ive not been around on here as much as usual too as I have been avoiding everyone else who has pound the adjustment easier. Its good to know im not alone.

Your never alone on here hun cos there is always someone feeling or going through the same as you!! Just look at the weight you have lost so far, its brilliant, you should be well proud of yourself x x

Fuze, sorry to hear your finding it difficult. I had missed you but figured you were off sorting through the clothes rails in the sales buying all the teeny clothes that your going to need soon... Big hugs to you...

tpt, i hear all you said but am agreeing about the OH! Just because you can't eat what he eats he could have asked you if he could get you something.... Men tut tut! Anyway am sure you'll train him to do better next time. Good luck with the settling into the new home...

Back