• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How did your xmas dinner go down today

SARAH S

Here comes the new me
My son in law cooked our Christmas dinner (& a fabulous job he did of it too, yum) so I was determined not to make it all about me & what I can & can't eat, so he gave me everything everyone else had, but only about a third as much & I ate everything with no problems at all. We had a starter, again just a small amount but passed on the dessert as my self limiting tum said enough is enough. I can't tell you how happy I am, especially as this morning I had lost 3lbs since the 23rd :D:D I don't drink so don't need to save any calories for this purpose :D xxx

Hi Denise, glad you had a nice Christmas, I'm loving your new profile photo....is that a chin I see:D

I woke up one morning 2 weeks ago and realised I'd lost a chin too x x

TwinkleTwinkle

A Very Happy Bunny
Hi Denise, glad you had a nice Christmas, I'm loving your new profile photo....is that a chin I see:D

I woke up one morning 2 weeks ago and realised I'd lost a chin too x x

Lol, thanks Sarah, lovely ... it is a real learning curve. I keep finding bits I didn't realise I had under all the blubber :eek: Did you know we have ribs :D:D:D xxx

SARAH S

Here comes the new me
Lol, thanks Sarah, lovely ... it is a real learning curve. I keep finding bits I didn't realise I had under all the blubber :eek: Did you know we have ribs :D:D:D xxx

I know and I've recently discovered that with a not quite so "over the shoulder boulder holder" on I have a reasonably good shape going on:eek:

TwinkleTwinkle

A Very Happy Bunny
Oooh, you go girl ... Can't tell you how happy I am for you :D (& me, lol) You are 2 inches taller than me (& you know what a difference 2 inches makes :eek:) So I may need to lose a bit more before I can say that about myself, lol. My hubby bought me some lovely underwear for Christmas which I had to return today for 2 sizes smaller, bless him. I expect you will be on the beach this coming summer, rather more than your were the past several ones :D:D:D xx

SARAH S

Here comes the new me
I can't ever see my running up the beach "bay watch"style in a bikini...:eek::D but I am looking forward to our next holiday and not being hot, sweaty and all bothered:D

witchingmoon

Hubby did me full dinner pureed but I just couldn't eat it at all :cry:
The next day all the family came and I had pureed potato and found I couldn't eat at all that day was like everything was off.

But on a good note I have lost 2st 3lbs in the last 4 weeks :D

penelope1008

Had my op 5th July 2011, Christmas dinner was 3 small pieces of turkey, 1 pig in blanket, 1 sprout, a few slices of carrot, some curly kale & green beans, 1stuffing ball & a couple of tiny roast spuds. Having got this far I couldn't manage anymore. I left everyone else at the table & started loading the dishwasher, & visited the loo either lunch or coincidence the bowels decided they wanted some me time(sorry tmi I'm sure), mum & my eldest cleared the table for me. I served the puds, ice-cream, roulade or Christmas pud with cream etc, of this I had a small slice of Christmas pudding as I'd adapted the recipie using low far/sugar alternatives so I could at least try it with evaporated milk rather than cream.
Table cleared again coffee all round except me I sat feeling more & more uncomfortable realising late on in the afternoon it was the old IBS symptoms just muted a lot compared to pre-op. an extra IBS tablet I only take 1a day these days rather than the 3 pre-op. once this was done things settled wind eased & life was more comfortable.
Tea was a little cold meat & left overs, with a little trifle, followed by a small piece of Xmas cake (again adapted to use low fat/sugar alternatives even in the icing & marzipan).
It took a long time & I was pretty sleepy by then but day done ready for boxing day with the outlaws & a buffet lunch, I don't think I was meant to hear ma in laws comment to my husband about the buffet when he must have commented on its content, that I'd have to pick what I could eat from what was there, her daughter was catered for with foods suitable for her imagined wheat allergy, (she's been tested & got a negative result for the allergy but still has to have wheat free food stuff to satisfy her need for attention), me I ended up picking meat out of sandwiches (2 tiny quarters), the middle from a mini sausage roll, a piece of cheese & a few bits of salad. Luckily I had some fruit & nut mix in my bag as desert was chocolate gateaux or Yule log definite no no's. oh how loved I felt, not! But I'm used to that after 30 odd years of knowing them. My sister in laws mum in law was more interested in what I'd had done than them & why, my niece commented I looked wonderful but not to get to thin as I looked great already, she's such a sweetie despite her mum.
Families don't you just love them.