• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Enjoying the gym?????

jjan3t

Hi, Just wondering if people are enjoying the gym more post op than they did pre op. Pre op I tried the gym many times but still hated it. I have an induction on Wednesday and would like to stick with it if I can.

Janet xx

I'm only swimming and Wii fit so far but doing both every day and loving it! Good luck with it all xx

If I'm home I will go six days a week Sunday to Friday. I do three cardio Spin classes and three weight training sessions. On my "day off" Saturday I will go out on the bike and do a mile or forty so you could say I enjoy it :D

The absolute key is finding an exercise that you enjoy, be it swimming, spin, Zumba etc. Resistance training is always a great idea as it protects your lean mass while you're losing fat weight

Good luck with it hope you enjoy it x

I absolutely love the gym post op. I found it very hard on my joints pre op but now I have lost nearly 7 stone its much easier and more enjoyable. I actually miss it if I can't go for a week. I'm sure it has given me a much better shape as I have a better figure now than I had when I was younger and slimmer (wish it could do something with the excess skin, but that's another story). I do a mixture of cardio and resistance, but it's vital to keep changing your routine so you don't get bored and your body doesn't get used to the routine.

I didn't do ANY exercise pre-op, now, I can't get enough! I'm like a caged animal if I've not got out on the bike or had my hour on the X-Trainer!

I certainly do!

I used to force myself to go pre-op but once I did the endorphines set in and I wanted to continue, but it was always really hardwork.

Now I love to go and feel antsy if I can't go for more than a few days :D

pardon my ignorance all but what is resistance training (you can tell i havent been very exercisey lol )
xxx

pardon my ignorance all but what is resistance training (you can tell i havent been very exercisey lol )
xxx

Lifting weights or using weight lifting machines that requires muscle power to overcome the resistance hun x

If I'm home I will go six days a week Sunday to Friday. I do three cardio Spin classes and three weight training sessions. On my "day off" Saturday I will go out on the bike and do a mile or forty so you could say I enjoy it :D

The absolute key is finding an exercise that you enjoy, be it swimming, spin, Zumba etc. Resistance training is always a great idea as it protects your lean mass while you're losing fat weight

Good luck with it hope you enjoy it x

WHat he says! :D

I am a very slow loser having had the band. However I've really committed to exercising. I was a fairly prolific exerciser BEFORE my operation, and would get up at 4:30am to get to the gym 3 days per week. However my committment seems to have really kicked in the last few weeks following my operation.

May be you should consider looking through the Exercise and Fitness section? ;)

Fitness and Exercise - WLSurgery.com - Weight Loss Surgery Support

I hope you can make a life long committment to it.

I joined greens gym and I still hate the gym it bores me ridged and for me its a waste of money now, as I have changed my hours at work and Im lucky if I can fit one day a week in. Not gonna re join when my membership is up gonna save the £31 a month for a holiday lol

Lifting weights or using weight lifting machines that requires muscle power to overcome the resistance hun x

Arr i see !! thanks for that :D im defo feeling in the mood now to start sorting out some exercise as i really want this to work for me thanks Karlos :D xx

WHat he says! :D

I am a very slow loser having had the band. However I've really committed to exercising. I was a fairly prolific exerciser BEFORE my operation, and would get up at 4:30am to get to the gym 3 days per week. However my committment seems to have really kicked in the last few weeks following my operation.

May be you should consider looking through the Exercise and Fitness section? ;)

Fitness and Exercise - WLSurgery.com - Weight Loss Surgery Support

I hope you can make a life long committment to it.

Thanks cah-ching :D ill have a look at that . How you got up at 4.30am to go the the gym is beyond my comprehension lol, my mum was definately being sarcastic when she called me 'Dawn' lol :S im soooo not a morning person ! xx

i love the gym, 3 hour regular sessions every other day....2000 cals gone each time!! like mixxy, real p***ed off if i don't get my fix, before, did a bit, but can't say i enjoyed it tho

I'm watching this thread with interest as i'm considering joining one. I've done the gym pre op and tbh never stuck at it as it was torture and i felt uncomfortable in there with all the beautiful people....

However as a lot of people know i enjoy walking and long to be able to run, having done a workout dvd last night at home and really enjoying it i think my body is ready for some kick ass exercise :) Or at least i hope it is!

Cahching, can i ask did you go to the gym early morning because you work long hours and this was the only time to fit it in? Or was it because after a long day at work (i remember before you saying you do a heck of a lot of commuting to work) finding the urge to go was tough? I'm thinking of doing early mornings possibly

I use to love the gym going 4 times a week I had lost 6 stone then so was able then went on holiday for 2 wks never went again had a baby and hello the 6 stone is bk ( not all from pregnancy but leading up to pregnancy) now I think I would collapse if I went and did wat I did b4 also I think having a baby I'm gonna find it hard finding the time last time I only had one now iv got 2 kids but I will find the time if not to join the gym then to do running, it's free and I think I'll enjoy it a few of the moms at the school go together so may join them wen I get fit enough in the mean time b4 my op I'm gonna walk alot more I'm gonna join a water aerobics class and go swimming all on the evening wen my fellas bk from work xxx

Hiya Jan long time no speak hun, which gym are you joining ? i went to Dw fitness on a day pass with a mate of mine and loved it im joining full time as soon as im given the all clear by the surgeon, me Sarah and Jacci are gonna join and regular, its gym, swim, pool sauna, jaccuzzi & all classes included in the monthly fee, also theres personal trainers if needed, it would be nice to catchup with you soon maybe at a support group or a coffee meet up like we used to do, i must arrange a one soon.

Liz xxx

I love going to the gym, did pre op too though! I really enjoy the classes my favourite being spinning (or sometimes called RPM) Body Combat is also good. I also do a yoga or body balance class one a week to keep me flexible ;)

I always gave the classes 100% put since losing the weight that I have I feel im putting that much more effort in :D

Hi Liz glad your doing well after your surgery. I have had an induction at the gym at Newton Aycliffe leisure centre today and I must say I was worried as I had been before the surgery many moons ago and didnt enjoy it. I definately enjoyed it today adn have an appointment tomorrow with one of the trainers to put an exercise plan together. Where is that gym Liz? I now live in South Durham so its probably too far but would definately love a get together with everyone for a cuppa.
Thanks for the replies everyone I think I am going to enjoy it now I am post surgery. xxx

Back