• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

exercise?

rainbow27

hi
On thursday i shall be 11 weeks post op and i feel fine i started swimming last week however i feel i want back to my gym and classes i did pre op.. i spoke with my surgeon and he told me i could do pretty much anything just watch my stomach & stomach muscles as they are still weak. I was just wondering what you guys do on a daily basis exercise wise? and when you started it etc.

thanks

great question..I am nearly 7 weeks post op and was wondering the same thing...hopefully we will get some good answers shortly

i started to swim and walk within 3 weeks but that was when i was off work; now im back to work and so tired i dont do anything {naughty me} but i am going to go to pilates for beginners in sep and im going to work 20mins in my lunch hour ,, honest i am, really i am, cross my heart and hope to die xxxxxxxxxxx

I started 6 weeks post op to start cycling, I am now upto 8 miles a night.

I also now have a rowing machine which I do about 20 mins a day, and have a exercise bike when i want to get on it.

Hope you enjoy your new self.

I started exercising about 3 months ago, was worried about getting my own little 'Ernie' the hernia! That and the fact i thought i'd sit on my butt and still lose weight...

When you go back to the gym before doing any classes explain to the instructor that you've had major abdominal surgery and want to take it easy on tummy exercises for now so if she sees your not doing it, not to worry you will know when your body is up for it xxx

Thanks for that.. Do you have a bump in your muscle where the camera went in?? I do im thinking it's muscle scar tissue or a small hernia? I can move my scar up & still feel the bump on the muscle x

Ive got a bump!I had my hernia repaired at the same time as wls and it was the best thing ever,so glad it was done,tummy doesnt hang and swing anymore!Gym will give you an induction explain your surgery and health history and they will tailor it to your abilities.No stomach stretching or weightlifting.Bikes,rowers,resistance and treadmill are all good plus walking and swimming.Gentle yoga or pilates.

I started working out within a month of surgery. I still do it several times a week and has really helped me along.

Back