• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Exercise and bypass ...

mayamoo

How ling after bypass surgery did you work out? I'm three weeks post op and go for half hour walks but that's it for the moment....How long until I can join a gym . ..

sorry i carnt help hun but i would like to know the answer to that one. x

You can start exercising properly 6 weeks post op Hun the hospital told me. I'm 3 weeks out also and couldn't face doing any exercise at the moment. Just walking round the shops is making me feel very uncomfortable :-( x

I'm kinda the same staying at my sisters so we keep going for a walk round her orchard for half an hour at a time - all the while in hugging my tummy lol xx

I am 4 and a half weeks out, Last night I returned back to cricket training, I feel fine this morning, The Stomach is not sore at all.

I plan to go gym and swimming 6 weeks out once I have had my follow up appointment. As the wounds should be healed by then is what they told me.

Definitely 6 weeks and try to have your 6 weeks post op check first!
I went to Aqua fit last night, am 12 weeks now (had wound that wouldn't heal) and was great - mind I am aching in places that I forgot existed today, lol xx

I cut a conifer hedge today as my first real exercise since the op and felt really weak and knackered Pulled a muscle in my tummy and Ill be leaving it at least another week and starting more slowly.

Back