• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Exercise

AA1234

I am having my band op on 30th April and have 2 weeks until I start mypre op diet. IN the mean time I am trying to begin some of the routines that I will need to follow to ensure a successful weight loss with the band.

So I am drinking before food and waiting an hour after before having anything else.

I walked for 60 mins today and really pushed myself so that I got my heart going.

I know it is only the first day and a small step but I told myself this morning that I am not going to just sit around eating like i did (or more) just because I am having the op in a few weeks. I am not going to diet as such until the pre op but I think I manage the exercise however small it may be.

Apart from walking what other exercise have people been able to do in the early days of the band?

:eek: excercise "thats a swear word" isnt it ?lol wash you mouth out with soap :D

:8855: only joking !

this is good positive step in preparation you have taken b4 your surgery, in the early days walking was the only thing i found comfy to do as swimming i like but isnt advisable in the 1st 6 weeks as the scars need to heal and the pool is germ ridden for healing scars.
if anyone has any suggestions apart from walking id love to hear them, in the early days for me i just concentrated on letting my body heal, after that i did the gym twice a week when i felt up to it more, the tread mill and execise bike was my favs, do u have an exercise bike ? thats free exercise and u can peddle in front of the tv watching corrie :D

liz x

I also have a WII fit so I must make sure I used that much more. TBH I hate that weighing bit. But that should all change after the op.

I was looking at a Wii fit aswell but they are a tad expensive still cause I would need to buy a Wii aswell

an excellent approach to the start of a new you, i started my pre-op a few days early as it fell over new year and was not going to be drinking. Also decided to lose some weight beforehand which helped cement the idea that i could keep it off this time

although i was bypassed i was swimming 11 days after my op as all my wounds were scab free. I also walk, use the wii fit and i also have a power plate that i have used since 14 days post op. I also do 2 aquafit classes a week.
what a positive approach to yr op.
keep up the good work
hc

I am hoping to find a fit young man to exercise with if you get my drift....I have far too much energy for a gym these days lol...xx

I am hoping to find a fit young man to exercise with if you get my drift....I have far too much energy for a gym these days lol...xx

lol linda you have posted this on the wrong forum shouldnt that ad be placed on one of the dating sites lololol:D

i have to be honest iv not constiously exersiced yet i was so heavy when i was banded that im still in the zone where diet alone is fine i know that shortly it wont be and il then start cycling and walking more i dont know if this was same for everyone

its sexercise you naughty girl:D

Back