• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

EXERCISE & FITNESS REGIMES

everpositive

Hi,

Noticed another member put something on that included exercise etc..... but mine is a bit different.

I had my review with the weight loss team yesterday. I'm really pleased as are they, because I have lost 60% of my excess weight in just under 7 months :D. They assumed I'd been doing a lot of physical activity but I had to be honest and tell them that I had in fact done nothing. I'm not proud of that :(. That to a certain point isnt strictly true though because as the weight has been coming off, I have been able to walk and move more freely. My energy levels are improved so I do walk a hell of a lot more and I can do three/four flights of stairs easily without needing to take the lift, so I guess it all helps.

What I want to ask is, when other bypassers began to embark upon an exercise plan or if you waited until a decent amount of weight came off before you started?

My doc said that I should really start it, because my weight loss will start to slow down and that some resistance type training at the gym will help muscle tone etc.

Cheers in anticipation x

i go to the gym now, mainly aerobic stuff like the bike, treadmill can irritate my back, so tend to steer clear of that...i do do some weights too....i'm hoping to get back to the bike within a couple of weeks of my surgery, nothing too mad, but just enough to make me sweat!! weights after a couple of months, it all adds to the scheme of things i guess

I have to say I have cancelled my gym membership as I hate excersize even when I was slim I hated it. Dont get any satisfaction out of it at all. I bought an excersize bike but can not be arsed to use it. My job is excersize enough and I do like to go on nice long walks but thats about it for me

Well Im not post op yet. But I have already sorted myself a bike, my hubby is buying me a wii Fitboard for xmas( nothing like asking me what I want pmsl) and Im rearing to go.
by christmas I will be 4 months post op so hopefully I will be fit enough to have a go, even a small one lol. I have every intention of exercising as soon as I can.:D I love it but i just got myself into a catch 22 too fat to move, much etc. ye know the story :(

I didn't have wls but as I have lost quite a lot, I hope you don't mind me responding.

I had my son last September and walked him every day in the pram for an hour or two. I gradually was able to walk a little faster and further.

I got a free 2 week membership at the gym in November, I loved it. I joined the gym shortly after and have been steadly increasing my sessions ever since.

I do think its helped me tone as I am not as saggy as I expected to be!

I have lost 62lbs since my op on 1st April and have found that I have bags more energy and feel the urge to move about more. I walk lots but my loss has been much slower so I have decided to do some exercise. I have a Wii Fit and go swimming once a week and aqua fit once a week. I didn't go last week but then I was on holiday and walked more than I ever have I think!

One of the chaps on here, Silversurfer, upped his exercise regime and is doing very well from it.

I am only 2 weeks post op but am exercising gently. I bought a brand new X-trainer which I will start using in a few more weeks and my walk with my dogs will get faster and faster. In 3 months I will be starting my Cani-X training. My tummy is still too sore to start any vigorous exercise or strong reaching / arm movment so when it lessens I will use my weights on my step machine - I usually start at 5kg and work my way up.

As I used to compete, it is all 2nd nature to me but to those of you who have not exercised in years - start gently and work your way up. Start with walking, then walking bristly. You can use your bottom 2 stairs to do step exercises to strengthen your legs. To reduce bingo wings I have some fabulous exercises which only take a couple of minutes per day - in fact a gentle workout for 10-20 mins per day will see you graduating on to more vigorous regime within 8-12 weeks! :D

I'm 5 weeks post op and the dietician was so pleased with my recovery so far that she told me I could do what I see fit to do.

I have started lifting a few weights before I go to bed and in the morning when I wake up just to tone my arms up and try to ease the onslaught of bingo wings as much as possible!

I also went for a 5 mile walk yesterday with the family. It hurt but felt good when we got home!

Back