• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What are suitable forms of exercise

gaelic girl

Loving Being a Loser
Hi Guys
Me again with yet another post op question (sorry). Just wondered what are suitable forms of exercise and when i can start doing some abs type of exercise. I don't have age on my side to hope that my skin will not go loose so i want to do as much as i can to help. Exercise is alien really to me but i need/want to get fit. Two weeks post op i'm out taking my dogs for a walk anything between 45 mins to an hour any more and i'm quite tired. Thanks x

dont overdo it - its still very new. Stick with gentle walking for the next 6 weeks and then ease yourself into swimming or gym stuff. Thats my hospital's advice to me.

I'd wait and ask at your next appointment as to what's good and what's safe to do.

Walking is my favourite at the moment but I am 8 weeks post op. You may feel OK but your internals might need looking after for a couple of weeks more.

Gently does it!!! No stretching or lifting (says me :rolleyes:) or straining of the tummy muscles for 3 months. Walking, gentle step, swimming and low vascular is fine. early days yet so while you can speed up your heart rate slightly, nothing too dramatic!

Gentle walking for at least 6 weeks. Then best to speak to your surgeon/team for advice on when to start (most people are ok from about 6 weeks).

You are still healing, so be gentle to yourself for a good while yet!

Oh dont talk to me about exercises, I did Body Pump last night BODYPUMP Group Fitness Program - Les Mills Global and my butt is absolutely killing me along with every other muscle in my body, I got out of bed this morning and almost collapsed on the floor :rotflmao: Phil killed himself laughing...cheeky bugger!! Doing it again on Thursday night and then back to 3 nights a week next week, I absolutely love it its my favourite class, you burn about 400 calories and tone up ALL your muscles although I did go easy on the tummy exercises

You are doing good by walking, why not get yourself some dumbbells and do some arm exercises while watching tv or get a gym ball and gradually do some light crunches or sit-ups, these will all help tighten your yummy muscles and give you that six pack you've been dying for!!!!

Thanks Guys
Hubby has been going at me to slow down, i did two walks with the dogs yesterday ( given that i have 2 dogs who take me for a walk ha ha) and quickly realised it was too much as i felt a bit sore so have promised hubby i'll take it easy today. I'm back down in Manchester on 30th Sept so i will ask Mr Ammori then. Thanks again x Body pump you are doing well Kate and once again your post has made me smile x

I can't stand the gym so for me its swimming, walking, biking (when my bike arrives that is) and last week paid for a years subscription in a Salsa class which starts next month.

I found and still do find walking the best exercise. Thats just my opinion and we all differ in what we can do but we are all the same in the fact that we have to take it steady for a while and no rushing into things. Best of luck Alliexx

Back