• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Exercise n some other stuff!

phatmomma

I have a few questions that will help me and hopefully other pre-op people so here goes see who can offer advice...

1. As an older person i know my skin doesn't have the elasticity that a younger person has so its gonna sag no matter what. Can you recommend a lotion, cream i can use to assist in possibly put a little elasticity back into this old bird?

2. Exercise. I am starting to walk (weather permitting) to improve my fitness levels for the operation. When did you start exercising after your diet? If you have yet, or are you waiting for your weight loss to slow down first?

3. Hospital necessaries. Can you give suggestions of what will make my stay in hospital easier/things to take in....

4. Protein shakes and vitamins... Where is the best place economy wise to go for these?

Thanks in advance for your help and i hope it helps others in the same position in the process as myself.. x:)

if you find a skin cream let know lol i dont think there is a magic cure just do lots of toning

i didnt start exercising till id been banded for 6months because my weight was so heavy the first 5 stone dropped off but as its now down a bit i do wii fit and walk

depnding on what op your having as to what to take with you i only needed slippers nighty and a book but was only in one night

1. - Bio-oil is great for healing your scars at first and helping with skin tone as you shrink.

2. - Don't exercise. Am physically disabled but proof that you can reach your goal without it ;)

3. - Have a look at http://www.minimins.com/surgical-weight-loss/49040-what-did-you-really-take-into-hospital.html

4. - Protein shakes - http://www.minimins.com/surgical-weight-loss/67707-where-get-tasty-protein-supplements.html and http://www.minimins.com/surgical-weight-loss/90078-protein-shots.html

5. - Vitamins etc should be got on prescription, especially for bypassers. Your surgeon should either write to your GP or give you discharge paperwork with a list on.

1. As an older person i know my skin doesn't have the elasticity that a younger person has so its gonna sag no matter what. Can you recommend a lotion, cream i can use to assist in possibly put a little elasticity back into this old bird?

As a 45yr old and excessive stretched skin i dont think there is anything that you can use to put the elastisity back in yr skin. I have usd bio oil and aquiouse for years and after 10 stone loss am looking like a beflated baloon. Probably not whay you want to hear but im being honest. Psycologically its really affecting me as i am so aware of it.

2. Exercise. I am starting to walk (weather permitting) to improve my fitness levels for the operation. When did you start exercising after your diet? If you have yet, or are you waiting for your weight loss to slow down first?

Prior to surgery at 21 stone i used to do aquafit and aerobics as well as swimming each week. i started swimming again 11 days post laproscopic bypass. ad qauafit 6 weeks post bypass. My muscles are definatly toned they are just draped with drooy skin.

3. Hospital necessaries. Can you give suggestions of what will make my stay in hospital easier/things to take in....

Lypsyl to moisturise yr lips

4. Protein shakes and vitamins... Where is the best place economy wise to go for these?

as above in shells post

[/QUOTE]

I would just like to ad ear plugs to that list. I had a poor old thing in my ward who flippin slept all day and shouted Thel? Thel? where are you Thel? come and get me Thel. ALL NIGHT!

I was so glad I had some they were brilliant, got a job lot off eBay for peanuts.

defo ear plugs but let the staff no lol. I had mine in when asleep and I told the staff if they needed me to touch me to wake me as I wont ear then trying to wake me lol I took in hand gel aswell cause of bugs you could pic up and my mp3 player

Saggy skin is going to be with us all with the weight loss. I use cocoa butter and its helped my bingo wings a bit. Exercise I do walking my horse out and vits as Shell says get from your gp. I buy mine but I'm a bander.xx

Back