• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Lunch ideas + other life stuff

When we're any of you ok eating bread, biscuits, wraps, tortillas? Anyone ever have a pastry? 3 weld post op. I eat very little, but wouldnind a bite or two of bread.

I avoided all bread and crackers for the first 2 months post surgery.

At 2 months post op I started to introduce Crackerwheat (you can get them in Costcutter and Wilkinsons among other places) -- they are made by Ryvita but are totally different in texture to a (hard) Ryvita. Crackerwheat are very soft and go well with Philadelphia. I found them very easy to eat and crunch up into very small bites. Crackerwheat have less than 30 cals per cracker.

As for the rest of breads more than 3 months post surgery and TBH I actually regret letting them back in to my diet + am now trying to eliminate them again.

We are supposed to concentrate on PROTEIN and only really small amounts of carbs (like vegetables!) or the lowest calorie crackers/wraps if we have to (I know you cannot always eat just a handful of protein -- sometimes you feel the need to put it on something).

Agree with Sharinomo. I only have crackers, Melba toasts etc & relatively few. Concentrate on the protein first especially when you can't eat much volume. I have only tried weight watchers Danish bread toasted, almost like. Cracker to be honest. Wraps killed me , the pain was awful despite chewing & chewing. Bread was my biggest downfall pre op especially slathered with butter. I really don't miss it now & secretly don't want to re-introduce it in case I get hooked again! Good luck.

Good luck with your move.

Thanks for the good wishes with my move.

I am currently up in London so that I can attend 2 x bariatric appointments at the Whittington tomorrow and also attend the evening bariatric patient support group meeting.

Have met up tonight with a couple of pals from the London firm that I left a few months ago ..... then after tomorrow at the Whittington (in between transferring rent + deposit monies in my few hours gap between aoppointments!) ..... then I whizz back down to Devon on Friday -- spend Friday afternoon "packing / packing / packing" ...... and then have man and van lined up for Saturday morning to actually MOVE !!!!

Busy, moi ???? ;-)

Back