• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

exercise after op

christine77

how soon can i exercise after op, im 11 days post op and am currently walking about a mile a day but i want to do something else to help with the boredom of being stuck in house . am i ok to do my wii fit ?

Before you ramp it up to anything more than walking then you need to clear it with your GP or surgical team. You are a hernia risk for up to 12 weeks so need to give yourself time to heal and to get used to using your fat stores for fuel.

Give yourself time Chris and don't rush it. After the GP says your OK then you can look at lots of different exercise routines to help get you to where you want to be, but just take it one step at a time xxx

I was told not to do anything strenuous until I have seen my surgeon at the 6 weeks check up, so take it easy as you dont want to do any damage,

i feel the same christine desperatly missing swimming, i find theres only so many times you can go for a walk and even gettin bored with that. hopefully we will be able to do something more as the weeks go on, take care xx

I haven't started any exercises yet. I am going to try for a walk round the block tomorrow I think with Wizzy. Take it easy Chris, better to be better long term than muck it up for yourself long term by hurting your new little tummy. There is a lot going on in there that you cant see.
Lynne xx

Back