• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

how much exercise??

nichola24

hey xx im just over 1 week post op from bypass and was wondering how much exercise i should be doing??

i do feel up to maybe a little walk, but should i still be resting and letting myself heal before i venture outside? also its like the artic out there!!

just wondering how long people have left it before they have started going for little walks?

cant wait to get bk into swimming and going to the gym but i know im about 5 weeks away from that, from reading other threads on exercise.

any advice greatly recieved :)

thanks, nichola xx

First week or so gentle walk around the house and garden.Snow stopping that so be careful!I would hate anyone just out of surgery to slip and damage their insides at this stage.Build up the walking as the weeks go on.You will know when your energy surges at about 3/4 months that you can do so much more.I went to the gym but my hip stopped that so I just keep myself active and walk a lot!Maz x

I wouldn't take to my bed but a gentle walk is all you should be doing at this stage, you can do gentle treadmill/cycle exercises from about 4 weeks but no weights till you have your check up and get the all clear from the surgeon. x

thanks xx when it gets milder next week i might venture out for some small walks, starting to get v v v bored of these four walls now :-(

Back