• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Exp no hair loss

soni.03

Ello is there anyone who didnt exp a lot of hair loss or not noticable posy bypass? Im 10 days post bypass n very worried bout it

Ello is there anyone who didnt exp a lot of hair loss or not noticable posy bypass? Im 10 days post bypass n very worried bout it

You look like you have a lot of hair Soni, i have and i have lost some hair but not noticeable to look at there are things you can take think its kelp ask at the holland and barrett store or google it. don't worry its not like alapecia, it does come out but after 9 months supposed to right itself. mine seems to be ok now. xx

Thank yoo and the reason mu hair actauli look thick inda the is because i have extensions in fr my length, my hair is shorta and bery fine so that is y i am abit concerned, thank yoo wil ask holland and barrats

Im still losin mine but no where near as bad as it was from 12 wks it was coming out bad when brushing or washing but I can say surprisingly its never been noticiable to others strangly its was coming out really bad for about 8 wks but I seemed to have alot of new hairs coming thru pretty much straight away, I did buy silica and biotin from online what Id seen others mention so am not sure if theyve helped with the new hair growth but assuming its not gonna get worse again its not been as bad as expected thankfully x

Sent from my GT-I9000 using WLSurgery

fore warned is forearmed so they say, oh dear thought it settled down bout 9 months never mind, xx ta for info xx

I find this subject really interesting and when I did Atkins and later Lighter Life, this was something I researched a lot, i was told it was a side effect of ketosis. At the time it was considered that as you reduced carbs the body used fat stores to create ketones as an alternative energy source, thus the body went onto defence mode and stopped or slowed down doing things it considered not necessary, like growing hair, nails, and sometimes new skin. With all these things the bits you see are usually the dead bits. More recent studies believe that as part of the bodies defence mechanism the thyroid tries to fight the acetones produced by the keytones. And one of the side affects of thyroid problems is hair loss. The thyroid can be supported by iodine which is found in sea kelp. Sorry if this is boring, I'm a bit of a nerd when it comes to things like this.

Xx
W

Last edited:
Mines gone thick again Im 14 months out.

I to have been interested about this topic. When I did Lighterlife 5 years ago I lost some hair towards the end when I'd lost a bunch of weight but it gradually grew back ( i did also do a drastic change from long hair to a bob for my new slim image) however roll on 5 years later 8 stone more and still a bob so am now worrying what to do.

Do you think it is worth starting vitamins etc now to try and prolong it?

Omg my worse fear of all is hapenin in reality, my hair is fallin out soooo much.. In the shower, brushin, on my pillow, on my clithes.. Badicly ALL THE TIME, im havin a majot panic attack and i have very fine hair alredi and reli scared i myt b bald soon, plz has anyone got any suggetions which may help even if the slightest, iv up my protein.

Sorry my hair is in the same state. I've religiously taken my prescribed vitamins & minerals. Also some additional iron & zinc. My team said it was an unfortunate side effect for fore mentioned reasons but it should be temporary.
My hairdresser is monitoring it & has cut my hair quite short (I hate it) & given me a shampoo they use for chemo patients etc. he said there are no bald patches which is a good sign apparently. He advised : I use a tangle tease brush & tangle free leave in conditioner to prevent further stress damage from the tangles when you wash it. I try to avoid any direct heat like straighteners but use warm setting on hair dryer. Only wash twice a week now, used to do everyday or every 2 days. Wear swimming cap in pool. I do find it very upsetting but hoping that in the future it will right itself. If not The only way is Essex & those hair extensions LOL

I wear hair extensions. I'm 4 months post op and have not noticed any loss yet. Ive made sure I have a lot of protein. However had my check up last week and my doctor said to expect it in the first 9 months so I'm not out of the woods yet. She assured me it grows back so although its traumatic don't worry too much.

I've also been told it's a side effect of ketosis.....I wonder if the people who are still shedding heavily after a year have a lot less carbs/calories still than others?
Does our hair start growing back quicker if we don't stay in ketosis? My hair fell out when i was on lighter life but soon as i stopped it grew back.

All very interesting really.

Yh i was told too dat it is one of the most common side effects but i didnt no it was this bad, hpefully it wont last too long

I'm 9mth out and I'm still shedding hair! as I've just hit goal I'm curious to see if by upping cals a little stops it!

Back