• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

facial hair

hopelesscase

Just wondering if any of you ladies out there have the embarresment of facial hair :eek:. Im very dark and always had a little upper lip hair up to having my son 19 yrs ago when suddenly i seemed to develop a beard. Im not talking 1 or 2 hairs im talking a chin full. It was so bad i ended up having laser treatment after my Dr had ruled out PCOS. That helped and kept them at bay but over the last couple of years they have been steadly getting thicker. My Gp did a blood test and said my hormones were slightly elevated that would surgest i was pre menapausal Im 44.
He did also say that weight could be a factor. Have any of you ladies that have lost weight had a reduction in facial hair.
look forward to your replies
HC

Hello HC, Don't know much about it i'm afraid . Don't be embarrased! I'm sure someone will come along and help or PM u some info . If your embarrased about that then i'll add just have to add the time i called an ambulance cus i thought i had appendicitis...ooh the pain !! was on gas and air and eventually got me in, did tests was screaming like a bloody banshee ,called my mum and dad they came to me in a panic , docs gave me morphine (to shut me up i think!) and laying there i did the most massive fart and i mean ....a 2 minute LOUD one !!!!!!!!!!! and the consultant said " U HAD TRAPPED WIND for god sake in horror !!!!!!!!!" ohhhhhh my god i could have died !! All the nurses gave me looks of disgust at how i acted but it was painful !! Honestly !! Thought i was gonna die ha ha !! But ( in the voice of Jerry Springer ) I know in life we all have things we could be embarrased about but there is always a solution ...in my case a big fart...in yours laser might be the only way and maybe weightloss might help too ..fingers crossed :) mwaaah xxx

Hiya HC,

I too have facial hair, and from what I gather it can be genetic. My Great Great Grandfather (yeah ok he was a man after all) had a huge wiry beard, and I think I must take after him. My Mum had a lot of facial hair although I didn't know it, because she used to initially pluck it, then took to shaving it. She always looked imaculate to me, until the time she was taken ill in hospital and didn't have a razor with her and I was quite taken back by how bad the growth actually was. I know shaving isn't the best idea, but I have to confess to having taken the razor to mine on occasions, because I haven't had the time to sit and pluck it. Also, if I do pluck, then each one I pluck leaves a red pimple behind for several hours :( Shaving is much quicker and gives better results, even if it's not a very womanly thing to do. I'd rather do that than have a beard. I did buy a set of those battery operated things that you use to pluck the hairs out, but I found that each hair took so long to do and it wasn't very effective anyway. I'm truly not fussed if I have to shave for the rest of my life, at least it gets rid of it and lets me get on without worrying. We shave our legs and armpits (and anywhere else we may not want hair ;)) why not our chin?

Gerry
:)

Hi,

I'm dark haired and fair skinned, and am prone to a moustache and chin whiskers. Mine has been made worse by some medication I was on (didn't know when I was given it that that was a common side effect) and I can understand how it gets you down. I use veet sensitive cream which keeps it away for longer than shaving, with a bit of plucking in between as the chin ones are quite thick and grown faster. So far no noticable difference but am only 2 stone down.

I too suffer with facial hair. i have PCOS and have tried everything including laser treatment with little effect. There is medication you can take but they won't prescribe it to me because of my age!!! child bearing aged women are not allowed to be prescribed it even though i have my 2 children and certainly don't plan to have anymore. My weight loss has reduced my hair growth everywhere else but not on my face. another one of lifes joys being a woman!!!! x

I can join the bearded lady club too!! Not seen any difference in mine through weight loss ever - so for now shaving is the way to go. Thinking about laser though, but a bit scared of that as an idea so the razor will remain my friend for now.

thanks for that ladies. I cant use veet even the sensitive one for faces anywhere on my body as it breaks my skin. will continue with the waxing and plucking as shaving just seems to make it thicker. Oh the joys of being a woman eh.

Back