• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Failure????

CCPM

Fighting on day by day
What constitutes failure??? I've seen a few posts saying that individuals feel they have failed and it made me think what do we count as success or failure? Is it overall weight loss? or is it the lack of ability to change our attitude towards food? Just opening up the debate. Or indeed is failure a relevant term to use?

Over to you

M

tesmaralda

Failure in the inability to change my relationship with and reliance (in a crisis/stressed) on food. I am happy with the weight loss and how I feel now and my current weight, but if I don't change my eating habits I will put it all back on.

Neen

WLS Moderator
For me personally I just equated failure with not being at goal yet. I hoped I would manage to lose all 15 ish stone excess in the first year but it didn't quite work out that way. Having been a compulsive comfort eater for most of my life I felt like..if I can't physically fit the food in, then logically I would shift it . I am shifting it but it's a lot slower than I thought.
That's OK though, I still have the comfort eating to battle with and that is an ongoing slow process to work through.
I have mainly kept dropping but having a lot to lose still does sometimes feel like I haven't achieved anything. I am still morbidly obese and still feel like I have the same body..just smaller overall. I'm trying not to view myself as a failure anymore as that has only ever made my eating disorder worse. I'm gradually accepting that I don't have to keep hunting for quick fixes and that my weight loss may take another whole year but it will be worthwhile eventually.

CCPM

Fighting on day by day
Great start ladies,

Terri I thought I would post this up cos I worry that I sounded a little sanctimonious when I wrote down my regimented day for you the other day. So just to show that I can be an absolute pratt as well given the right circumstances I'm fessing up to last night. I had the day from hell and driving home I was craving to do what I always used to do on those occasions, bottle of wine, nice food treat. Right until I turned into our village I was lecturing myself...go home get on the treadmill, drink your coffee that will do it. In fact I was still doing the 5th run through of thelecture when I steered the car round the roundabout up to the shop bought the wine, but luckily not the food and came home. Well OH is away and once the bottle is open it ain't getting closed. So down it went. Food became shall we say much less planned after that but not really 'bad'. So was that enough for squiffyM...no of course it wasn't upstairs...snuck past the room where the treadmill is..didn't want it catching sight of me and calling me in..no siree M was looking for that nice bottle of champers that was upstairs and yes opened it and drank 3 glasses of that. What the heck for? This morning I'm a bit cloudy but not hung over and feel an abject FAILURE as I did it again turned back to my old habits as soon as I was stressed.

As soon as I can find my mental whip I'll be using it on myself, meantime I'm drinking coffee and contemplating miss good two shoes latest cockup

M

tesmaralda

Thanks M, I have this morning got on the scales and have changed my eating habots over the last 2 days, never had a pudding yesterday at school ( I was so proud of myself, but I have been eating 3 meals a day, drinking more and I still have had a snack, but just 1 instead of 2 or 3.

Whenit comes tolooking after myself I always have been bad at it and struggle to put my needs first. That I think is the most important thing I need to change and hopefully the rest will follow.

Try not to worry about the little blip as long as you get straight back on track, that is the key. I wish had instead of trying to push the boundaries to see how far I can take it. x x x

Great start ladies,

Terri I thought I would post this up cos I worry that I sounded a little sanctimonious when I wrote down my regimented day for you the other day. So just to show that I can be an absolute pratt as well given the right circumstances I'm fessing up to last night. I had the day from hell and driving home I was craving to do what I always used to do on those occasions, bottle of wine, nice food treat. Right until I turned into our village I was lecturing myself...go home get on the treadmill, drink your coffee that will do it. In fact I was still doing the 5th run through of thelecture when I steered the car round the roundabout up to the shop bought the wine, but luckily not the food and came home. Well OH is away and once the bottle is open it ain't getting closed. So down it went. Food became shall we say much less planned after that but not really 'bad'. So was that enough for squiffyM...no of course it wasn't upstairs...snuck past the room where the treadmill is..didn't want it catching sight of me and calling me in..no siree M was looking for that nice bottle of champers that was upstairs and yes opened it and drank 3 glasses of that. What the heck for? This morning I'm a bit cloudy but not hung over and feel an abject FAILURE as I did it again turned back to my old habits as soon as I was stressed.

As soon as I can find my mental whip I'll be using it on myself, meantime I'm drinking coffee and contemplating miss good two shoes latest cockup

M

Lisa J

CRYSTAL PALACE FC!
At the end of the day we are only human and every human has blips or allows themselves to have treats every now and then, it's just having the willpower to stop!