• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Constipation - is this just a pre-op issue? How do you deal with this long term?

CCPM

Fighting on day by day
This seems to be a key issue for the immediate post-ops but what's your more long term experience? How do you overcome this very real problem?

Me - I'm a benefibre gal - take it twice a day and only rarely have a problem, but this is a route that is not recommended, I'm not sure why.

I find constipation hateful and having found a means of avoiding it am reluctant to change my ways. What's your views, what were you advised or how do you deal with this issue if indeed it is an issue for you?

M

Lisa J

CRYSTAL PALACE FC!
Hi, I have to say that i've only been constipated once since my bypass and that was in the first few days, luckily i havent suffered since!

Mixman

I'm pretty good at parting with things :)

Although it is less frequent and a better experience than it used to be.

phatgirl

I have IBS so have struggled with too loose/not loose enough bowels for what seems like forever. I was using benefiber daily before surgery and have continued to do so which has made my problem days very few. I was however a few months back not getting enough fibre daily so I had to use fybogel (give to me by my GP) to get things moving again. I now make sure to have at least on slice of something grainy every day and continue my benefiber. Oh, I also switched from splenda to Hermesetas in my coffee Sainsbury's online groceries
it is billed as the only sweetner with added fibre!

Nic;)

hopelesscase

not been an issue until of late due to pain killers and then needed dymamite!!
ducolax, senna and movicol over 5 days.
boy oh boy was it a relief to get moving again .
but usually i have oj each day plus an orange and that has alwas had the desired effect.