• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Fat Doctor Alert!!!

Can i join in too? I look like a meff most days, live in jeans and baggy tops. I have to look casual for work so the kids don't think I'm a social worker but sometimes I take it too far!

Can i join in too? I look like a meff most days, live in jeans and baggy tops. I have to look casual for work so the kids don't think I'm a social worker but sometimes I take it too far!

Oh of course u can !! Anyone is welcome. In a few months i might start up a new thread and can offer some great tips and make some plans once were all losing well ( once were all like 3 stone lighter etc ) be fun and a great incentive for all of us. xxx

too? I have to look casual for work so the kids don't think I'm a social worker but sometimes I take it too far!

whats wrong with being a social worker lol!!!!! that will be me in a year !!!!!

Oh of course u can !! Anyone is welcome. In a few months i might start up a new thread and can offer some great tips and make some plans once were all losing well ( once were all like 3 stone lighter etc ) be fun and a great incentive for all of us. xxx

sounds like a brilliant plan Livvy, you will have to come up with something we can do for you in return xx

aww, I do understand that Livvy, tis true that usually the best things and rewards are those little moments that money can't buy xx

I will be looking forward to that myself as I could do with some good tips for make up and clothes as I feel I am stuck in a time warp:eek:

Love Mini xxx

whats wrong with being a social worker lol!!!!! that will be me in a year !!!!!

nothing lol I work with social workers and have a lot of respect for them.

I work with looked after kids who have been through the mill quite a bit and tend to have no faith in the system and although I'm independent of the system they don't tend to understand that so I find it helps to look and sound as little like a social worker as possible :)

pmsl. I know exactly what you mean!!

<<<< wants to use Livvy's services too! Nothing like a good old makeover to make you feel good! I got married a couple of months ago and just loved having my makeup done professionally! I wear makeup every day but when the professionals do it, it's on a totally different level!

I had my hair done yesterday - and gone for a total change! I had light brown hair with gold highlights which was about bra-strap length... and now I have chocolate brown hair with subtle highlights, shoulder length and really choppy... and a swept aside fringe! I keep on getting a shock when I look in the mirror!

It's good though - it's the start of the new Alice :)

Photo's Alice! Want to see the new do!

Well, I would... but I got caught in the rain this afternoon so look a bit like a drowned rat!! lol

Oh alice your hair sounds FAB !!! good on u for daring for a change ...not long to go now eh !! and your a new bride too congratulations :) such a new start for u. Oh i love doing bridal makeup....such an exciting day and when they get dressed and are all done up...its such a buzz ! do u have any wedding pics ? You'll have to put a few up for us to see soon.. bet u looked so beautiful xxx

lovebug i know no offence was ment by your commnts about the ladys clothing, but surely in the transitional period between operation and reaching a stable wieght buying a new wardrobe on a monthly basis would not be practicul for all. so wearing what one still has in the wardrobe that might fit it i lose a couple of pounds from the past is not a bad idea, the thing i noticed about the brother and sister was the most important thing a smile they both looked as if they were enjoying life.

I do love that about Fat Doctor... the smile on peeps faces a few months down the bypass path is so good... and even Shaw says that that's the reward he gets, to give them their lives back and see happy faces :)

I have to say that I think one piece of new clothing just to reaffirm your weightloss doesn't do any harm.

You don't have to rush onto Bond Street and buy Chanel... just a 5 quid t-shirt or even a charity shop item can make you feel so much better and show you that you are losing inches, even if the scales aren't budging!

I know plus size clothing is SO expensive, but there is always eBay and sales - Evans has a huge sale at the mo... actually, they always seem to have a flippin' sale on!!! LOL!!!

I cleared out all my old clothes from when I was 55kgs heavier, and found a whole load of stuff I had made in India back in 2001... not only was it good to see how loose the old stuff was, but it was even more fab to realise that (apart from being a bit tight on the bust!) my 2001 tops fit me!!! :D

Nothing like a bit of affirmation...

x

ha ha oh don't be silly !! like we said last night ...i'll show u how to enhance your looks ......your beautiful anyway and sometimes its just about little things that can create a quick and easy look that makes u feel so great and beautiful. In my job i do so many different looks from magazine stuff to catwalk to bridal to makeovers but in my opinion for everyday wear ...every woman should try something different when they go thru such a big change in there life...like u see on the telly...the women look fab ! and if all it takes is the right makeup and the know how....u can't go wrong...I'll show u when i come to see u ....Playboy here we come...only kidding ! xxxx

Oh Livvy I want a makeover too in fact that is one of my milestone treats to go and get a proper lesson to enhance my looks xxx

Here here Olsbols!! I agree ! and I respect your views too Scorpion totally but i do have to still agree that i think its an important part of the " Change" that certain items we may deem comfortable are infact some of the reasons why our waistlines expanded in the firstplace ...the security of it Elastic Waistlines! There are many places to get hold of cheap alternatives ...in fact my whole wardrobe would be like christmas to her and she's welcome to it !! As will my local Oxfam when i get rid one day and would be quite happy to swop with smaller sizes in there :) .... Still do fiercely agree that Elastic waistbands Should be banned after losing alot of weight in my opinion ha ha unless your pregnant or going to bed :)
The reason most people still wear them is that they are still hanging on to the security of what once was the only item available in most cases ...including me ! M+S black jersey trousers were and are a staple of mine at times ....won't be for long !! Yipeeeeeeeee! xxx

love bug wasnt really disagreeing with what you were saying with a make over to help her realise the new woman that she has become she would look even better, but for me the smile was the real change in the pair. i really hope when i finally get to have mine i will look as good and feel as happy.
dave

Back