• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

fed up, ill and sick of sloppys!!!

xxsarahxx

Sorry to have a whinge everyone but things are not going how i thought they would.
I'm 5 weeks post op, a week into puree food and i feel so ill at times.
I'm only eating 2-3 teaspoons per meal as apposed to the recommended 3-4 tbls, i'm full to my throat most of the time. I've now got an infection in my wound and i feel like a right ungrateful cow for moaning all the time...:(

Oh Nooo!! So sorry to hear you are having a poo time!!! Can your team not give you some advice about food? X

sorry to hear your having a rogh time, i have my bypass 24 august 2011, so have all this to come but just wanted you to know im thinking of you luv and hugs kazx

xxsarahxx said:
Sorry to have a whinge everyone but things are not going how i thought they would.
I'm 5 weeks post op, a week into puree food and i feel so ill at times.
I'm only eating 2-3 teaspoons per meal as apposed to the recommended 3-4 tbls, i'm full to my throat most of the time. I've now got an infection in my wound and i feel like a right ungrateful cow for moaning all the time...:(

Hey hunnie am just starting on the purée stage and I no ur pain am the same, Its getting me really down, I keep having really bad pains at the button of my tummy below my tummy button, like trapped wind n then spending hours on the loo for nothing but numb legs, I'm sure it's just all part of the journey but it is horrible n breaks you down.

I'm here if u need a chat n no what ur going through as am going through the same.... Sending my love xxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi Sarah
i dont think there is anything i can say that can make you feel better... but i know sometimes you feel like you cant cope, i dont know if you are teary or not, or if you feel like you are on an emotional rollercoaster, you are probably regretting everything you did! some people who havent been through what you are going through might think that you are being ungrateful but dont worry you arent, you are only human and how you feel is very very real, i am lucky, although i am only 2 weeks post, i now feel like i am on the mend, and i can almost gaurantee you that if i felt the way you are feeling after 5 weeks then i would be almost ready to break... . ring your wls team, they might be able to give you some advice... i was reading in a book that if you are still struggling with the puree stage, then take a step back onto liquids again for a day or two then try the puree stage again...but speak to your team first to make sure this is the right decision for you... i just want to hope in my car now and give you the biggest hug, i hope things get easier for you soon xx

You're not ungrateful Sarah, but having a rough time ! get on that phone again
Hugs
xx

Hey hunnie am just starting on the purée stage and I no ur pain am the same, Its getting me really down, I keep having really bad pains at the button of my tummy below my tummy button, like trapped wind n then spending hours on the loo for nothing but numb legs, I'm sure it's just all part of the journey but it is horrible n breaks you down.

I'm here if u need a chat n no what ur going through as am going through the same.... Sending my love xxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery
Thanks Haylz, these things are sent to try us i think....it really does get you down though doesn't it. Got up this morning and even my liquid antibiotics filled me up.
thanks for your reassuring words hun, hope things get better for you soon x

Hi Sarah
i dont think there is anything i can say that can make you feel better... but i know sometimes you feel like you cant cope, i dont know if you are teary or not, or if you feel like you are on an emotional rollercoaster, you are probably regretting everything you did! some people who havent been through what you are going through might think that you are being ungrateful but dont worry you arent, you are only human and how you feel is very very real, i am lucky, although i am only 2 weeks post, i now feel like i am on the mend, and i can almost gaurantee you that if i felt the way you are feeling after 5 weeks then i would be almost ready to break... . ring your wls team, they might be able to give you some advice... i was reading in a book that if you are still struggling with the puree stage, then take a step back onto liquids again for a day or two then try the puree stage again...but speak to your team first to make sure this is the right decision for you... i just want to hope in my car now and give you the biggest hug, i hope things get easier for you soon xx
Thanks so much shannon, think i'm going to take your books advice and have a couple of days on liquids. It can't hurt can it and the way i feel now it'll do me good to get some extra fluid into me. x

You're not ungrateful Sarah, but having a rough time ! get on that phone again
Hugs
xx
Will do mate....ana will be hearing from me monday, thats for sure lol x

You've made me feel better! sorry your having a rubbish time, I think we are in the minority thankfully. Like you I'm not recovering as I thought I would. I've had an infection in one of the wound sites too and have been back in hosp twice in agony, Surgeon has been very reassuring, done every kind of scan CT/endoscopy etc, operation all looks normal, told me my pain is all nerve endings/stitches, I cant believe that I feel worse now at 6 weeks than I did at 2 weeks post op!! I am inspired by all the good stories I've read on here though. Lets hope we both start to feel better soon, would love to eep in touch with you and see how your getting on x

The first couple of months are pretty hard but its usually plain sailing after that!

Hope your feeling better soon Hun, please call your medical team they will at least be able to put your mind to rest.
Take care and keep going

BigDave

Hope your okay hun and feel better soon xx big hugs xx

Thanks all...i spoke to the dietician tuesday and she seemed to think that all was ok and that i might be eating too much (3 teaspoons???) oh well, stick with the liquids for a few days and see how things go.
I'm sure when he said my pouch is as big as an egg he must have meant a cadburys mini egg lol x

lol sarah, hope you are feeling abit better today, thinking of you ...... you should have asked what kind of egg... a small egg or a free range double yolk egg!!hehe

Back