• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

fed up

janelouise

Hi all just quick one to say I'm really fed up with the way I feel 2 hrs after eatin. I feel sick and just really not that well I'm supposed to be going back to work next week but only part time for now but they r not very understanding when I cone to you having to eat more often they won't let me of the shop floor after 2 hrs so I'm worrying About that got an appointment to see the doc on Thursday for a cert check to see if I can go back but the way I feel at the moment Im not feeling that good to go back. And my blood sugars are still x little high such first thing in the morning they are 8.5 which really Is high.
Sorry for moaning I just wanna
Feel on top of the world snd I know it takes time but it's been 7 weeks since bring done.
U can just take no notice of me I'm just being a moan bag lol
Xxxx thanks

Reactions: Bev
Sorry to hear you are struggling, maybe it would be a good idea to have a word with your team? Would it be possible to put going back to work back a few more weeks too to give you a bit of extra time to see if you can sort it out? Hope you feel better soon (HUG) XX

Best to go back to your medical advisors Jane and let us know how you get on.

Love and hugs Angel, thinking of you xxx

Good luck sweetpea hope your feeling more yourself soon x

Janelouise I know just how you feel. I had my sleeve ten weeks ago and have found it really really tough. Still suffering with sickness, pain and exhaustion. Though i have just discovered i've got gallstones too.

Get a few more weeks off! Take a rest and take care of yourself.

I don't know about you, but the hospital don't seem that bothered that i'm struggling- like its in the course of things- but I wasn't expecting it to be like this.

Hi I'm so glad I'm not the only one I kept thinking they done it wrong !!! I'm at the docs on thursday I'm gonna talk to her.
On the plus side I've lost 3 stone on 8 weeks which is amazing even though I feel the way I do.
Thanks everyone for being so kind and understanding I don't like puttin negative stuff on here if I can help it
Muck luv to all xxxx

Firstly Janelouise please can you fill in your profile a bit more please. When i looked at your first post i had no idea of what surgery you had (still have no idea) or when you had it. You don't need to disclose your weight as i know not everyone is comfy sharing that and i know how that feels :)

Firstly if your still not well enough for work and are still struggling with tiredness then tell your gp that you need a couple more weeks... Also now with the new 'fit' notes there is a part on there that the gp can fill in to explain 'special requirements' for when you return to work. I'm not sure if you've told work about your surgery, but maybe your gp could put that you've had abdominal surgery and can only eat and drink small amount so need your breaks breaking down a bit more? Just so you get time to get off for fluids etc? Just a thought, hope your gp gives you some real help xxx

Hi Jane Louise
I am just over 6 weeks post sleeve, luckily have no other major health problems but found it tough 1st 2 weeks and still have problems with certain foods, however decided to go back to work (nurse in pre-assessment clinic) as I feel okay and they are desperately short staffed but I am on phased return for 1st 2 weeks so have reduced clinic lists, my 1st day back today has been fine.
What I would say is if your job is quite physical/demanding and you're on go all time you probably need more time off especially if you're diabetic, don't feel obligated or pressurised to go back when you are not ready your health and wellbeing are more important. Give yourself timeto recover and you will be surprised at how quickly you will start to pick up.

good luck

Denise

Back