• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Fed up now

Paula1975

I am getting fed up now(being polite here) of my sleep pattern, which is now left me feeling run down. Even tablets from gp aren't working. Last lot temazepam, now I thought these would knock me out. I'm also on fluxotine is that affecting my sleep pattern I feel permanently tired have terrible headaches and generally feel bleurgh , trying to get back to gp

:(

Sent from my iPod touch using WLSurgery

I am getting fed up now(being polite here) of my sleep pattern, which is now left me feeling run down. Even tablets from gp aren't working. Last lot temazepam, now I thought these would knock me out. I'm also on fluxotine is that affecting my sleep pattern I feel permanently tired have terrible headaches and generally feel bleurgh , trying to get back to gp

:(

I'm the same, I've taken sleeping tablets for years now. Are you worried about something, mine was triggered by the stress of my dads cancer and recent death. Unless I get 7 hours sleep I can't function at all. Def go back to drs.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

The fluxotine are antidepressnts. Having few problems . The temazepam are 2nd lot of tablets for sleeping. It's the headaches and feeling run down which are also getting to me now :(

The fluxotine are antidepressnts. Having few problems . The temazepam are 2nd lot of tablets for sleeping. It's the headaches and feeling run down which are also getting to me now :(

Headaches and feeling run down are common side effects of Temazepam. Being unable to sleep is also a side effect. Temazepam are highly addictive, maybe you should consider and discuss coming off them with your gp.

Have you tried amytriptiline? My gp prescribed it - it was amazing. Reset my sleep pattern completely.Non addictive, and I had no side effects.

Have you tried amytriptiline? My gp prescribed it - it was amazing. Reset my sleep pattern completely.Non addictive, and I had no side effects.

What dosage did you take and for how long Yvessa. I ask as I have some for my arthritic neck but stopped taking them in the mornings because they gave me blurred vision. I'm taking temaepan at the moment but only take then when I'm really desperate as they are so addictive. I could try the amytriptiline as I have them.
I didn't realise insomnia was so common . I wonder if there is a higher incidence after wls or if we are representative of the general population?

I take 10mg at 9.00pm to fall asleep around 11. 8.30 if you want to fall asleep around 10.30. GP said I can increase to 20mg if I need to, but I never did. It just makes me very sleepy by that time.

There is a link between insomnia and obesity. I do think its very common in anyone with depression and obesity sufferers generally also suffer from a form of depression.

my gp only prescribed 10 tablets which i have 1 left and have not taken every night. hoping to get back to gp, and will ask about those you have yvessa, thanks

Back