• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sambucca's bypass

Well done Sam on your 30 pounds weight loss. That is amazzing. good look on thursday on your return to work don't overdo it though. Janey ;);)

well, thought I would post a little update as I am now 4 weeks post op.

I'm 30lb down in total so far which I am absolutely delighted with. I have definitely been one of the lucky ones so far being virtually pain free since about a week post op, and no post op blues as yet - although I am aware that they could strike at any time so am ready and waiting for them to dare to put in an appearance!

At the mini's meet on Saturday I had my first taste of non puree/sloppy food. I had a few bites of jacket potato with cheese. Everyone said I would feel the restriction once I moved to more solid food and they were right. I could only manage a few bites after being able to neck almost a whole tin of soup when pureed so glad its working. I had about half a ready meal shepherds pie on Saturday evening.

Sunday I could only manage half of my usual one weetabix for breakfast, lunchtime I tried to finish off the other half of the shepherds pie from the day before, but only managed 2 bites. Thought I would try my old faithful soup for tea but think I over ate. After about 5 spoons I felt sick. I had heinz big soup - not liquidised but chewed to death so I dont think it was the food itself that made me feel sick - but the amount I ate if that makes sense. Its going to be really hard trying to work out how much I can tolerate without pushing/stretching myself. I wasn't actually sick, but did stand over the loo for 10 minutes spitting saliva. The feeling soon passed though.

I'm also constipated now which is a bit uncomfortable. Ive been trouble free in the toilet department up until now so I'm hoping its a temporary blip. Gonna ensure I up my fluids over the next couple of days to get things moving again.

I'm back to work on Thursday so need to go through my wardrobe to see what clothes are suitable. Its so tempting to go out and buy new stuff but I know it would be a waste of time and money if I drop through the sizes quickly.

Sorry for such a long post. I know I found threads like this really helpful and interesting when I was pre - op, so if it helps anyone then it will be worth it.

Have a great day everyone xx

Thanks for the update Sam.
You're doing so well xxx

Hi Sam
Thats great loosing 30lb so far keep up the good work . Id luv to go to one of the meetings when I get my surgery and I wouldn`t mind getting a flight to it . Good luck with your journey hun . take care .
Margaret xx

Margaret i went on one and as a pre-op it was fantastic, i learned so much and the people were lovely. don't wait, treat yourself xx

Flipping heck Sam, 30lb? Wow, brill. Good luck back at work xx

Missed this thread somehow, hope work went well last week and you are still feeling good. CONGRATS on your 30lbs, over 2 stone already you are doing great! I am with Carole, you will learn how to work with your new pouch and it will all smooth out. You looked really lovely on Sat and I could see the new you emerging, she's a knock out that one!

For those who are interested, the Manc meet pics are in a public album on my profile so you can see the lovely Sam for yourself looking healthy and beautiful. Don't you pre-ops think for a second that you should wait until you are post-op to come along to a meet, they are loads of fun with lots of encouraging stories shared and offer the ability ask every question you can think of, someone will have an answer! Plus since when I attend, I take lots of pics so I can save you one as your 'before'!

Hugs to you Sam,
Nic:D:D:D

Back