• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

FED UP

Clarered

I can't seem to loose at min I am trying to stick to 1000 calories but weight hovering . It's getting me down my dietician went of sick last month and cancelled the appointment and not heard owt since . I feel at min I wasted my money . Any ideas anyone

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

A few members feel like this at the moment...I too am loosing weight slowly
But Im certain..I wont be beaten..Im not giving up :)

Chin Up Hun xxx

I know I need to sort my head out getting a bit obsessed with weight loss and food at min xx thanks love

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

1000 calories is too few!!! Your body is in starvation mode and holding on to every ounce for energy. You should have a good 80 grams of protein and about 1600 calories. "Clean" food ... not processed ... are good calories and healthy.

I agree I was eating 900/1000 and I was only loosing pound or half pound a week..I upped cals and last week lost 3 pounds
I will let you know how it go's this week :)

Good move ... good luck! There is a lot of work with the band and realizing the difference between good calories and bad carbs and good proteins ... and portion sizes. No 2 days are alike!

Embrace the change and success is a given!

I believe lossing weight with a band is more slower than any other gastric surgery. I am now 7months post op and I have lost just 4stone. Which maybe a small weight loss to some other, but to me is a massive weight loss, as I could Never have done it without the band. There are weeks I don't loss any weight and I get so angry with myself. I eat well and I try to exercise about 3times a week. I haven't drunk any sort of alcohol in 8months (personal choice). It has helped greatly.
So my advice will be, eat plenty of protein, try to do some exercise and drink plenty. This will surely do the trick. All the best

I know the feeling of having your wieght loss come to a grounding halt, but try not to get too disheartened. Firstly I always reminder myself that it didn't take a few months to a year to get to my present size, so I should be patient trying to lose all the excess weight.

Secondly use your mirror and clothes as a measure of weight loss additionally. Sometimes I don't lose anything for weeks, but my clothes contine to get looser and i start to see definition in areas of my body, in the mirror

I would advice really having a good look at what you are eating. For me personally i need to stick to between 800 - 1000 calories to see any movement in the scales. But I think this is because my quality of food is poor. You definitely need to up your protein and water content and reduce the unrefined carbs.

Usin myfitnesspal app has been my saviour because even on days when the volume of food was small the calorie content was surprisingly high.

In regards to being obsessive its hard to shake, but whilst it may seem counterintuitive if you are going to be obessive about weight loss then the respone has to be an equally obsessive proactive approach, otherwise you leave yourself open to getting down and miserable when the scales aren't moving in the direction you want.

Good luck with it all.

i cant really add anything but echo what everyone has said. Take a look at things are you really eating the best you possibly can be evaluate yourself when deciding on food choices. For example i was going to have a glass of wine but i have had my treats fr the day i should not have that glass of wine so wont do it. I am not the best eater at the miute but work hard to stay balanced every day. Maybe just giving that a go will help x x

Back