• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Fed up

Clarered

I seem to not be loosing weight at all had my third fill and now started to feel restriction but getting very down because don't seem to be loosing much weight I'm using fitness pal and trying to to exercise throughout the week. Is this normal are am I doing something wrong x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Sorry to hear you are not losing.... hope it all sort itself out soon...x

I'm having about 1000 calories some times less could they be a problem with my band. And also can someone tell me how to put a picture on my profile not good at this ?

WLSurgery.com - Weight Loss Surgery Support - FAQ: Board FAQ

Here are hints and tips to help you set up your user profile.

8kg lost ... You are going in the right direction. Congratulations!!! Have you spoken to your provider about your concerns? I know its difficult not to compare to others, but we are all different ... For some its a journey practically straight to goal destination, for others its a more scenic route ... Think positive ... Where may you have been now if in April you hadn't pointed yourself in the right direction in the first place?

Your dietician should be able to help :rolleyes: for me 1000 calories was too low, but for others it may be too much. For all it seems, upping protein, increasing water consumption and upping activity helps. others choose to reduce carbs and fat, but that doesn't make any difference to me personally. Sometime its a bit of trial and error to find out what works best for you. My body liked to be confused :sigh: five days being careful and two 'shock' days where I actually increased my calories :rolleyes:

Its difficult to give you more specific guidance/suggestions without knowing more about you, your consumption/activity. Certainly cannot comment as to if there a problem with your band. 1-2lbs loss per week is what my provider said was normal weight loss with the band, so by my reckoning you are perfectly normal xxx When's your next dietician appointment?

My next dietitian appointment is 15 th of this month. Been on scales this morning and lost a pound so keep my chin up . When I go to the clinic they say in doing fine but I suppose it's me wanting more weight loss and I have been abroad and not put weight on that's a first for me lol I can gain up to 10 lbs on a Holiday so happy with that . I need to keep looking on the bright side . Thanks

Try shaking up what you're doing in terms of what you're eating, a "shock" to the system can often aid the weight loss and get it shifting. Whether it be reducing carbs, increasing protein, but exercise is also really key.

Try increasing the calories a little, I found my optimum loss comes in around 1100-1200 cals per day, but also with a specific amount of carbs and protein. But even then, I still need days and times to shake it all up. :)

its going to be trial and error as kat said try shaking things up , her optimum for loss is just over 1000cals mine was under 1000 we are all different , plus 1-2 lb a week is average loss , the band is a long haul aid its going to take time 3 fills is still in my opinion early days if your provider and dietician is happy then I don't think you need to worry , doesn't sound like a band problem tho.

Back