• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Fed up

hello all,
i went back to dolan park today for my second fill first one without the x-ray the nurse was very rude and talked down to me..she could not find my port site and made several appemyps it was very very painful with he poking and proding the area..she said the surgeon had placed the port deep and she could not do the fill she recommended i have the fill done under xay again but that means i have to pay a further £250 or maybe the surgoen could attempt it but he would be alot rougher that she was today..has anyone else had this trouble lease help

What total shoddy treatment...I would call back and complain about the nurse. It's not your fault if the surgeon has made the port too deep to get to. That needs looking at, not off loading.

Take a deep breath and give them a call back and say how unhappy you are at your treatment. You are the customer and they should give you the service you have paid for, not to be made to feel bad for something they could not do.

Ooooooh this kind of thing makes my blood boil.

I hope you get a decent outcome, you cannot be treated like this.

thanks caz im trying to get through but it answer phone.. i even asked about ports being placed in the chest bone and she replied thats because they are to fat to have it placed in the tummy area she was very rude..

Apparently they don't put ports in the chest these days unless there is no other options.

I can't believe you are being treated like this. How many fills did you get with your package? Surely if they can't do it without xray they should carry the cost of that as it is not your place.

thanks caz im trying to get through but it answer phone.. i even asked about ports being placed in the chest bone and she replied thats because they are to fat to have it placed in the tummy area she was very rude..

Oooooh I'd like to to plant something in her chest bone....sorry, she sounds horrid.

I guess this is one potential pitfall of private healthcare, they take your money and don't deliver. Which is shocking, as they are a service industry and should give you the care and service you pay for. And it's not like the amount you pay out is small.

I hope you get some resolve to this, why should you have to fork out £250 instead of the normal amount for sounds like their mistake and attitude problems.

i totally agree caz she should not have to pay for an xray fill for something thats not her fault, sometimes its shocking the quality of after care these private wls companies provide, its just nott good enough !

Apparently they don't put ports in the chest these days unless there is no other options.

QUOTE]

oh but they do mines in the chest, my 1st port was on the left under my ribs, my new port is in the chest, its the best place for it and lessens the chance of port flips as its upon the bone and stops it wandering.

my sisters port is also in the chest area, its becoming more popular as theres less complications with it placed in that position.

I guess it depends which consultant you are talking to. Mine stopped doing chest ports because of the complications and because they became visible with some patients.

Best to go with your own expert advise.

hehe caz just what i was thinking...ive just spoke to the surgery they r refunding me the £125 so thats better but still ive made a complant about the nurses attitude towards her patients...i also work with private patients and i would never think about speaking to the or anyone like that..I know Liz i just thought id ask to see why different surgeon do different things..

Not your fault the nurse is imcompetent to do the job designated to her, and she should have asked for help if that was the case, shes just covering up by blaming the surgeon. At least you got the money back i would look elsewhere for you fills there are any number of places that do aftercare packages.

How dare she treat you like that ....who does she think she is!!??
As a nurse myself Iwould never have spoken to anyone like that, and as a nurse manager I would have had some strong words to say to them............deep breath....
Glad to hear they are taking responsibility for the cost of your fill, so they should, and if it is going to be a problem filling it then they are going to have to do something about it.
Dont be too upset, sadly some people have such 'sad' lives they take it out on others..........well she took it out on the wrong one this morning!!!!
Make your complaint official cherrybaby xx big hug xx

hehe caz just what i was thinking...ive just spoke to the surgery they r refunding me the £125 so thats better but still ive made a complant about the nurses attitude towards her patients...i also work with private patients and i would never think about speaking to the or anyone like that..I know Liz i just thought id ask to see why different surgeon do different things..

I'm so sorry to hear you got that sort of service. And how dare that nurse talk to you like that; She forgets where her wages originate from.

Why did they refund you £125?...is that how much each re-fill costs each time?

Don't let them off the hook...they have a responsibility to you and have to honour their contract with you.

If they are reneging on the original deal and you feel you have lost confidence in them, then you should be getting compensation.

Good luck with it all.

xXx

Hiya
I had my op at dolan park, and the first fill done there. First fill was £125 without xray, but I had no problems and the girl was great - but - Alice had her first one done at dolan park, and they could not do the fill for her, left her with a lot of poke holes and sore. After that she went with WLS, and Wendy Stubbs did it. I also, after much advice and good feedback, went to see Wendy. I have had three fills with Wendy at WLS and she is brilliant. I paid £85 for the fills and they are done without x-ray. Wendy could find a port at 50 paces, she is so practiced at it. Dont go back to dolan park, they only want your money, I would highly reccommend that you go and see Wendy. You dont need a fill under xray if you have a professional band filler like Wendy. Take care, and steer clear of Dolan Park.
Regards
MNL :)

Back