• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

First Fill - Problems

Purple Sparkle

Hi

Nurse came to do my first fill today but was unable to locate the opening on the port - she says it is very deep and the needle was hitting the port but she could not get the angle to find the opening.

She is arranging for me go back to hospital and if need be have an X-ray to check the location.

Really disappointed though :sigh: - has anyone else had this happen?

Justine x

iv never had them not able to get it but sometimes it can take 3 or 4 needles and a lot of jiggling about n different positions your bariatric team/surgeon should be able to find no problem iv never heard of one twist so early but it could have happened .

It does happen the odd time ... Don't worry x

Hi

Nurse came to do my first fill today but was unable to locate the opening on the port - she says it is very deep and the needle was hitting the port but she could not get the angle to find the opening.

She is arranging for me go back to hospital and if need be have an X-ray to check the location.

Really disappointed though :sigh: - has anyone else had this happen?

Justine x

Hi Justine, I had my first fill last thursday and it did take a lot of jiggling about and 4/5 attempts but he finally sorted it out, its a strange feeling!

Hope you get yours sorted xx

Back