• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Really Fed Up!

BeaBea

Hi everyone, I am really fed up today and the story goes on.

I first went to my GP in October 2008 about WLS and she was happy to refer me. First I had to see a dietician and then go to the Sleep Clinic. I was found to have sleep apnea and I wear a full face mask every night.

Eventually I went to see the Consultant in Derby on 7th July, I also saw the dietician there too. We had a long chat and he suggested I have a bypass instead of a band which I originally thought. He went over the operation and explained about dates etc., He said he would see me in 3 months and expected me to walk an hour a day. The dietician said she would see me in 2 months and to try and control portions and snacks etc., I have done this. The dietician appointment should have come up beginning of September, but I thought maybe they will be on the same day like before, I could handle this.

I rang a couple of days ago and spoke to the Consultants secretary to see when the appointment would be as I had heard nothing. I was told I have an appointment to see the Consultant on 24th November! I did say that this is another six weeks further on from when he said, she said well we are busy! and the Consultants have been on holiday. Nothing mentioned about the dietician. Today I get a written appointment through with a Consultants name I've never heard of, so I rang again and asked who this was, they said it's not the Consultant it's the dietician - so really I'm no further forward.

As I've probably said before, I am 57 years old, I do have comorbidities but I have this feeling that they are just stringing me along and really need to find out if it is so, because as I said in the beginning I am really fed up.

Any one got any thoughts or ideas about what could be going on? I would really appreciate it .... Thanks for listening Beth

Hi Beth,
So sorry your feeling fed up, It must be horrible having to wait so long, Sorry I can't help as I went private but just thought I would send you my best wishes, and I really hope you hear some positve news soon. Its a long waiting game, and i would be fed up too,but Surely you should hear something soon as it been a long time for you now.
Hopefully someone else will be along to give you some advise as to what to do next.
(((Hugs)))

Back