• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Its been a while...... Update

Keb2804

Hello everyone
I had my band sited at Dolan park on 7th July and got off to a fantastic start and weight was just falling off which was fantastic it was all good until I went for my first fill at the end of August. The nurse inserted the needle 10 times and wasn't able to complete the procedure as the port was in an 'awkward' position. I was black and blue all around the fresh scar and felt awful. It was then arranged 2 weeks later for me to go to Dolan park instead of London clinic for a fill which was successful and they put 3.5mls in my 10 ml band. I have just been for my next fill appointment. The nurse was going to put 2mls in taking me from 3.5 to 5.5mls. She found the port and inserted the 2mls with ease then withdrew to check the fluid and only 3.5mls came back!!!! Which means some of the fluid has gone walkies!! She said it is quite likely that damaged has been sustained to the port and or tubing during the first attempt :( so an appointment is being made for an X-ray and If iit confirms a leak I'll have to have the whole operation again :(

I hope this isnt the case for you. When I normally have a fill ( even though I have not needed one for quite a while) they normally withdraw the fluid first to make sure the correct amount is in there to begin with from first/last fill etc ( I am not sure if this is the same for ever provider) maybe there is a chance that some of the 3.5 mils u had in the in the first place had gone walkies rather then the 2 mils she attempted to put in ( just a thought) - Wishing you all the best - BD ♥ ♥

Ohh no that doesnt sound good hope all turns out to be OK xx

Oh no, I do hope they sort it out for you!

Back