• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feel Really Deflated and Down

wellington

Hi
I went to see the consultant yesterday as been trying to get either a bypass or band under NHS, first went to the doctor May 08 and she referred me on, 1st appointment with consultant was Aug 08 where i was told to lose a stone which I lost 17lbs when I saw him again in Dec 08, he then said i want you to lose another 69lbs as he couldn't consider surgery at my weight but did say i could have a gastric balloon which i had done end Feb 09, I have lost another 40lbs since getting this done 8 weeks ago i has been a real struggle but i have really tried, I started of at a bmi of 62 but it is now down to 53 but he said for him to help me further get any surgery i would have to be around 45 bmi, i have another appointment sometime in July an then he will decide if i lose the next 29lbs by then he would consider surgery,

I know i lot of peole on this site have had a longer journey than this and i should be grateful for at least having the balloon, but just feel so deflated and down as i know there is a lot of heavier people have surgery, the surgeon did speak about risks with anesetic (i am 38 and i dont have any other real health problems apart from my weight) and i suppose he only has my best intrests at heart, i am really going to try hard with the next 29lb loss but am so worried i cant do it, I had slimming pills years ago and lost loads of weight so i was looking at buying them online Obesat- 10 like reductil just to help, I know i really shouldn't but I feel desperate, Sorry if this sounds like a moan but feel really sad

Thanks Gail

if it really is just the last 29lbs to loose and then you get your op, maybe try tfr (total food replacement) like lipotrim... i lost a fair amount quickly, however, i did put it all back on with intrest when i topped, but it may get you to where you need to be for your op??

.x.

Oh i'd also like to say, i managed to loose over a stone a month last year by doing the atkins diet and doing 30 mins light exersise a day.. again, fine as long as your on the diet, it's after the problems kick in... but as i said... if its just to get you to your op....

.x.

:hug99:Hi, I feel so sorry for you. What does your surgeon want from you???? I personally thinks its wrong. If he can put you under anaesthetic for the balloon why not for band or bypass.It really does'nt make much sense to me but hey who am I??Can you tell us which hospital and surgeon your under as if there's anyone else on here thats had theirs done in the same place they may be able to shed some light on it. Keep your chin up because you should be proud of the amount of weight you've lost already. Hang on in there and keep posting here as a problem shared is a problem halved and we are here to support you all the way. xxx Gaynor xxx:hug99:

HiYa Gail
First of all I want to congratulate you on your amazing weightloss so far. You have done brilliant to lose all that weight, I know its hard and Its easy for me to say, But, YOU CAN DO THIS!!
Just try anything to lose the 29lbs so that you can have your Op.
I have faith in you girl so don't give up!!
Stay strong hun we are all here for you to help you along. (((HUGS)))

Back