• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling cold

jaxx

Before my op I was always the hot one in the room and complaining about being too hot and needing to cool down. Well ever since my op I've been unable to bare the cold. I seem to be cold almost all the time at the minute. I used to be able to raise a sweat on a frosty day and now I'm shivvering quite often now. Has anyone else had this post op?

Yup most definately, you lose all the padding that used to keep you warm. I too used to be able to work up a sweat easily on a cold day, now i shiver away at the slight chill. Sometimes the only ways i can get warm again are via a hot water bottle or a nice warm bath. Both these usually do the trick

I completely agree with this, I am freezing. There are days I wish I had my fat layer back!

I am wearing 2 pairs of socks to work everyday, and I work on a boiling hot hospital ward!

I too concour - get used to it as it dont get any better, the thinner you get the less insulation you have and the more you feel the cold - i'm reliably informed that eventually we do adjust, but as yet that hasn't happened for me.

I have always felt the cold - even at 22 stone!!!

I'm still always cold, especially my hands.

I spend alot of time under my slanket, it rocks!!!

Absopigginlutely....I was always hot before my Op, and now I'm always freezing. is it because we are losing our insulation? LOL :)

Same here used to sleep with the windows wide open all year round and moan when the heating was being put on, now have hours of fun putting cold hands on warm partner.....

i have heard this so much everyone says how you feel the cold more yet I am the complete opposite. I have to sleep with my window open and I am right next to it, I can virtualy put my hand out the window as I lie in bed. Even when it was snowing I had the window open, I get hot sweats all the time recently and eat so much ice and ice lollies I can be mistaken for an ice berg. I long to be cold and chilly it is a nightmare for me as my family are cold so have the heating and the fire on and I am roasting away like a chicken in the oven lol

i have heard this so much everyone says how you feel the cold more yet I am the complete opposite. I have to sleep with my window open and I am right next to it, I can virtualy put my hand out the window as I lie in bed. Even when it was snowing I had the window open, I get hot sweats all the time recently and eat so much ice and ice lollies I can be mistaken for an ice berg. I long to be cold and chilly it is a nightmare for me as my family are cold so have the heating and the fire on and I am roasting away like a chicken in the oven lol

Oh dear Lisa - that sounds like the menopause to me :eek:..............God help your husband ;)

Oh dear Lisa - that sounds like the menopause to me :eek:..............God help your husband ;)

this is the thought that crossed my mind you know i even said to my hubby yesterday I wonder if this is the start of it as I am 40 now so anything could start to happen oooooh Like you say God help him I am bad enough now ha ha ha

Back