• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

feeling down

Paula1975

feeling down lately, i'm struggling to find things that won't sit and end up bringing back up again. i chew everything, and make sure i don't drink 30 mins either side. i'm worried i'm not getting enough. liquids seem to be a bit better.
had a bad day at work today which doesn't help things. plus pains down sides today, wanted to go gym tonight but just feel like curling up and hiding away

Try and listen to your body and be good to yourself. We all need to recharge our batteries now and again. I know it's hard to miss workouts when you have made a commitment and are motivated to change.

Awwww *Hugs* I had those terrible days not long after my op. I used to cry all the time and was throwing up all the time. There's not that much you can do atm, just try and get used to your new body and test different foods. If you have a list of stuff that you can keep down, just eat those things for now so you're at least getting something and once your body has healed a bit more you can reintroduce new things. I lived off soup and crackers for the first 8 weeks or so. Oh days where you don't feel you can handle the gym, maybe go for a light swim to make yourself feel better. I'm starting swimming tomorrow and I'm dreading it as I look hideous in my swimsuit, but it's got to to done! lol

If you don't feel upto it don't do it. I dont think I started back at the gym till I was 5 months post, its enough going back to work and work routine and fitting in your meals, just try n do gentle exercise at home till you justfeeln bit brighter. ITS A DIFFICULT STAGE. I think what the head wants and what the body can manage are usually 2 different things. If you have pains you must be straining your body don't undo all the good work that has been done, it is still very early days get checked out if you having pains am sure they will tell you you are pushing yourself too hard. Give yourself anutha few weeks pamper yourself a bit, hair, nails, fcaials something nice, once the body settles dow then you can start gymning again. Take it easy ansd give yourself some time its no good doing verything at once when we have been doing nothiung for a while gradually build it back up, your body will be feeling it has been violated from the op without all the extra pressure and everyones body will feel different sounds like yours is talking to you but you have to listen and respond to work with it. xx Good luck and hope today is a much brighter one for ya xx

If you are being sick often, go back a step to pureed foods, thick soups etc. and see if that helps. There's no rush to get back onto solid foods so take it easy. You're only about 8 weeks out so don't worry about the gym it will wait till your bodies ready.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Kate x

Hope your feeling better today xx

Hope you have had a better day today I know it sounds like we are trying to rain on your parade but we have been there and it is a funny time when our bodies do the talking, we don't always wan tto listen but if we don't we will be ill and being so newly bypassed you don't want to put yourself at risk, take care of yourself and if you are concerned then please get some medical help/advice x

Hope you are feeling better today - just keep thinking about the future, this time next year you will be a skinny minnie and this will all be a distant memory (please repeat this to me after my op lol).

Back