• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling frustrated

maxsmum

Need some advice, I had my op done by Mr Li at the Alex hospital after my original op was cancelled with him at Manchester Royal infirmary after I had been sat in the operating gown on the ward for nine hours. Not moaning about that now as it was rearranged by my PCT for the next week at the Alex and they sent me an apology letter for the way I was treated at the MRI. The reason I am frustrated is that I did not see Mr Li before my second op and assume he arrived once I had had the Anaesthetic.

I have not seen him since and have not had a surgical review with anyone. I have seen the dietician at the Alex, but she is refusing to see me again until I have seen Mr Li who I cannot contact. I have spoken to his secretary on a number of occasions, but once she confirmed I was an NHS patient her interest ceased.

Has anyone else had the op by Mr LI ? It must be a good job because I am losing weight and dont have much pain. Its now been 12 weeks and I still have no follow up appointment and he is going on hols ??

What do I do, I dont have a 'team' to turn to as I had never met anyone at the Alex until the day of the op and I left the day after. Mr Li's secretary left a message on my phone saying she was not avoiding me and that I was welcome to go to her office??, but she couldn't book me an appointment as she didn't know when his next clinic was. Should I go back to the PCT and complain again or not? should I have had blood work done yet?

Sorry to go on but its playing on my mind now, the whole set up with Mr Li has been really poor, although on a personal level he seemed really nice at the pre op appointment !! AAAgggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :wave_cry::wave_cry:

Sally, this sounds like a complete shambles! I would ring Mr Li's secretary again and mention very firmly the COMPLAINT word. This should focus her a little more. You should NOT have to be doing all this running around.
Also have you spoken to your GP about this? He/she may be able to bring pressure to bear.
If all else fails, YES, I would be complaining. LOUD!

Please let us know how you get on.

My first follow-up appointment is supposed to be 12 weeks post-op, so I would imagine you should be being seen about now. AndI would've thought there are registrars etc (the next step down from consultant surgeon) well able to see you even if Mr Li is on holiday.

Back