• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling full

A.Positive

Does fullness feel as it did before you had your surgery? It is my aim to never eat until I am stuffed and right now I don't think I am. After I eat I actually feel the food in my stomach, a "full" sensation but I never feel that I am in pain or uncomfortable unless I have not chewed something. properly. I always have in the back of mind that I may be over doing it somehow. I suppose it's the fear of failure.

Stop when you feel that sensation. You won't feel proper restriction for the first 6 weeks. It will be much clearer after that as everything heals.

It took me ages to work out my signals! Someone they told me they stopped eating when they got bored and that was a good start for me.

It's strange when your first replumbed...I used to think "will I ever feel full"
Once on solids you definetly get the sensation of fullness.

Yeah, I get bored of chew chew chew and stop when satisfied, not necessarily full. If you're eating mushies that sensation is a good time to stop. Im almost 8 weeks post op now so very much still learning but ive found there is a very thin line between satisfied and full and one more mouthful could mean the end to that entire meal. Listen to your body :)

Back